New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    But we're talking about Meguiar's #26, no? ;)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mbeige: depends on humidity as well, in high humidity areas, 26 can streak like there's no tomorrow when left to dry fully...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Well I've used #26 here in the US and there in Manila when I got some for my dad for his car. Here in the US/California it is almost always dry, and there in Manila it is almost always humid. When I buff #26 out here in the US I have a hard time, and likewise when I'm in Manila. Both were applied manually (elbow grease) after washing the car and after drying it all completely. So experience has shown me that #26 is hard to buff out either way.

Hence my switching to Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Then you just wasted the product. The key is to let it set for a few minutes. Mike Philips of Meguiar's himself personally advised us to let the wax sit for 15 minutes before buffing it off.

Before I used #26, I used #7 first and that established a great baseline for the deep mirror like shine, even on my yellow car.
    depende din on how thick you applied it. ako manipis lang and pag nag haze na i buff it off na. i don't let sit for a long time on the paint. sa init dito, even if you wax indoors, ang daling matuyo, so by the the time i finish the panel, tuyo na yung part kung saan ako ng start.
    Last edited by theveed; October 31st, 2007 at 09:13 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Maybe I just apply it faster, so I have to wait longer. Regardless, you'll buff it off anyway so might as well wait a bit more and let it settle on the paint. This is all based from personal experience as well as professional advice given to me so I'm simply relaying what I think is best, even if you can buff it off sooner.

Ideally, if you're going to wax your car better prepare enough time to apply the wax, let it sit, and buff it off. You don't detail the car in a hurry, that's my point. Oh wait, perhaps you do when you're in the business, or do you? If you have to, go ahead. It's your car anyway and like I said you'll probably end up wasting the product because if you buff it off kaagad and it hasn't settled on the paint yet you nearly just took it all off.

I will agree with your second statement that it also depends on the thickness of application.
    Last edited by theveed; October 31st, 2007 at 09:13 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Anyway, i really learned a lot sa inyo mga masters.

Hehe too bad i bought SOFT 99 Authentic Carnuba wax, haven't tried applying it because of lack of time.

Goin back to the topic is #26 or the soft 99 carnuba a good last step product, i'm planning to top it over sa sealant kasi (SIMONIZ)?

If not what can you recommend?
    Last edited by theveed; October 31st, 2007 at 09:15 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Don't bother with the Simoniz hehe, it's utter crap, I only used it for wheels after I bought it...

Soft99 Authentic line is pretty good, but crummy to apply evenly... Soft99 products tend to have a higher concentration of petroleum content as well, which "usually" translate to better longevity, but it doesn't feel as nice as #26 when touched.

Can't go wrong with either naman. Just scrap the Simoniz hehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Don't bother with the Simoniz hehe, it's utter crap, I only used it for wheels after I bought it...

Soft99 Authentic line is pretty good, but crummy to apply evenly... Soft99 products tend to have a higher concentration of petroleum content as well, which "usually" translate to better longevity, but it doesn't feel as nice as #26 when touched.

Can't go wrong with either naman. Just scrap the Simoniz hehe
    Ahhhh crappy pala yung SIMONIZ sealant hehe.

Hehe nakuha ko kasi yun dito sa post mo below.

Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Meg 26 HTYW is not a pure carnauba wax, it's actually a so called combo blend wax with high quality carnauba (yellow grade) and other synthetic polymers mixed in. It is one of the more durable waxes around.

Your choices locally for good waxes include:

Meguiar's HTYW #26 (Simex doesn't carry the paste version)
    Eagle One Pure Carnauba Wax (Paste)
    Mother's Pure Carnauba Wax (Paste)
    3M Show Car Wax (Paste)
    Soft99 Paste Wax (Rain repel ata yung tawag)

Synthetic/Polymer (I mentioned it na sa kabilang thread)

Kung durability lang habol mo, yung Simoniz na Liquid Diamond (3 or more coats) will last you a month (during the rainy season) and over a month (kung season like this). Yung red CRV na dinetail ko with Simoniz as top coat (2 coats lang yun) up to now ok padin... no stains and stuff padin.

Pag ganito weather masarap, kahit #26 will last for a month or so...
    What can you suggest for a sealant that is available locally sir?

You have EO sealants for sale sa BB?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hi-Tech Yellow Wax # 26