New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks bossing Twice ko lang kasi ginawa. Try ko rin yung vinegar solution.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    what's the composition of the vinegar solution to use for windshields?

tks!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    How can we prevent water spots?

This is my very serious problem. (Edited ko na sorry!)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also experience the same prob before pero now meron akong remedyo. I did a 3 step detail sa car ko. Then I make sure na at least once every two weeks I shampoo the car. Minsan kita ko may water stains eh. I just washed my car with water, dried it and used cleaner wax. Aba the stains wont come away. Pero nung nag shampoo ako ng car then cleaner wax then top off with carnauba nawala ang water stains. After that I made sure I shampoo my car at least every two weeks. Then apply cleaner wax and carnauba. No more water stain problems now. Hope this helps.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Erick: Common sense lang... if you wax your car often, you'll always have a sacrificial layer for contaminants to settle onto. It's much easier to remove a spot that has stained the wax surface than remove a spot that has etched onto the paint.

In addition, never let anything accumulate... if you wash your car, dry it... this is especially true during the rainy season, most people are just too lazy to wash or maintain their cars... Not understanding that the constant acid rain contact requires a more frequent washing and waxing regimen.

It's like asking "how can I keep my ashtray from filling up!?" obviously, clean it out often... the more people who'll smoke and use that ashtray, the faster it fills up, so you have to clean it out more often...

By the way, please don't type in all caps. Net courtesy... Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Erick, if you do regular maintenance such as shampooing and waxing, it becomes easier everytime you do it. Kasi dirt wont accumulate that much. It just takes me around 45 min to finish my car from shampooing to waxing.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate it very much.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    This is what I did.....

I washed my car using Polyglaze autowash then after drying.....I applied carnauba car wax only on the affected portions where there are water spots and I let it stay for 30 mins and then I wiped the wax off........ Nawala yung water spots!!!!! YAHOOOOO!!!!

Mula ngayon I'll wash my car 2 -3 times a week and wax it once in 2 weeks.

Di ako nakabili ng 3M finish restorer kasi ang mahal. Biruin mo 350 isang maliit na bottle?

Thanks sa mga replies and tips.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    many many thanks mga ka-tsikot. Problema ko din yang pesteng watermarks na yan. Extremely helpful ang inyong mga sharings. Salamat ulit!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ;13363
    Hold on...

First of all, are you sure it's water spots and not acid rain etching? If so, then...

Try this first... Grab a spray bottle and mix 50% white distilled vinegar with 50% distilled water, spray on spots and let soak for about 30secs and wipe off... if it doesn't budge, use pure vinegar... If it still doesn't improve (even a little) then grab a bottle of 3M Finish Restorer, it should take care of it...

If it's acid rain etch, you need a polish to get rid of it.

Bro. ask ko lang on what kind of vinegar ito, is it the vinegar like Datu Puti???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Help on Waterspots/Acid Rain