New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Damn! I've got waterspots on the hood of my
    Toyota. I've applied cleaner wax and it's still there.
    Rubbing compound na ba kailangan diyan? Nakakatakot
    kasi maglagay niyan dahil nakakagasgas, di ba?
    Help naman....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No no no, stay away from the rubbing compound!

Car wax isn't meant to take out water spots. You need to clean the paint by using polish. The polish should smooth out the paint and get rid of both your water spots and swirl marks. Afterwards, go ahead and apply your wax to the affected area to protect it from the elements.

Rubbing compound is much, much too aggressive! Don't even try to apply just to take out water spots!

There are a lot of good polishes available out there. I'm sure someone local can give approximate costs and where to get them.

Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try 3M perfect it III super cut
    1,000 plus a liter

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nag alis ako ng water spot sa kotse during my stay sa pinas, it took me 3 days to finish the whole car pati mga bintana. i use turtle polishing compund and a portable buffer. apply it to the area and spray with a little water to lessen friction. use the sponge attachment of the buffer kasi mas mabilis makaalis.

hope this help

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hold on...

First of all, are you sure it's water spots and not acid rain etching? If so, then...

Try this first... Grab a spray bottle and mix 50% white distilled vinegar with 50% distilled water, spray on spots and let soak for about 30secs and wipe off... if it doesn't budge, use pure vinegar... If it still doesn't improve (even a little) then grab a bottle of 3M Finish Restorer, it should take care of it...

If it's acid rain etch, you need a polish to get rid of it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How to differentiate between the two, Theveed?
    Di ba kaya yan ng Meguiar's Paint Cleaner?

Granting that a Polish should be used, what's the
    right way to apply it and thereafter buff it so that
    walang gasgas? After polishing, do I need to apply
    a coat of wax?
    Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed... what brand of polish can u recommend?? hehe...

btw.... meron ako nabili.... turtlewax... swirl remover... green din yung bottle with red cap.... polich ba yun?? tnx...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    TJMaxx: You can usually feel waterspots coz they protrude from the paint, white all etches will feel more like a "dip" when you run your nails over them... hard to tell for most people.... Most cleaners can't remove etches... If you use a polish, you have to wax afterwards, polishes alone don't provide protection. Follow product instructions, if it says best used with a machine, don't even bother by hand.

AC: Depends on the severity of each case, I don't usually recommend a specific abrasive product coz it may or may not work for your surface. TW Swirl Remover, haven't tried it, haven't touched a TW wax/polish for quite a while...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boss theveed, sa windshield, yung mga water marks(eto nga ba yun) di natanggal ng Strip It, ano pa ba pwede kong gamitin/gawin para matanggal yung mga white marks? Madalas kasing maulanan ride ko kapag nasa bahay. Walang bubong garahe namin. Thanks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Chieffy: I've worked with hard water stained windshields that are really bad, and by experience Strip-It works BUT YOU HAVE TO DO IT SEVERAL TIMES... Di talaga kaya one try lang. My officemate had to do it a whopping 5x to get everything off... Try to clean your glass with a vinegar solution often to prevent buildup of alkaline deposits.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Help on Waterspots/Acid Rain