New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    yun akin din tumama left side ng bumper kaso ilalim sa putol na puno... ayun butas... paano kaya yun? replace bumper? maliit lang naman pero ang sagwa eh

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    true po sir.. pag.. maselan kayo sa sasakyan... makikita nyo tlga paint "mapa" if spot paint lang... i worked po sa painting shop before... akala ko noon.. they just say.. they have to paint the whole panel... para.. malaki kita.. hehe.. but ndi pala.. yes.. some colors ndi halata.. pag spot... but silver.. medyo halata... solid colors din po.. halata.. solid colors yung mga walang top coat.. and.. i also learned the.. that iba parin tlga.. factory paint.. kahit anong high quality pa ng work... pag maselan ka... iba parin... sasabihin syempre ng shop.. parang walang nangyari.. but... they know din... factory paint isa better... but since bumper lang sainyo... and medyo mababa.. baka kaya yan... ndi buohin.. but.. baka mga 1/3 to 1/2 ng bumper i papaint.. para ndi makita mapa... suggest ko lang.. try nyo po muna.. rubbing.. but.. if ndi na kaya.. and annoyed tlga kayo... parepaint nyo nalang po... quality paint sa pinag trabahuhan ko will cost you around 3t-3.5t per panel... syempre meron din magooffer ng mas mababa like 2t.. depende nalang siguro sa tao and equipment nila.. both must be ok... mahusay na pintor and mahusay kasangkapan... ndi rin dahil mahal sa shop na natanungan nyo.. means... quality work na... meron mga pumunta dun sa pinagtrabahuhan ko na... painted from other shops na nung dumating ang pangit talaga... so pinagawa uli saamin.. and happy naman customer... but ofcourse meron din kami mga customer na unhappy.. kahit ano pang ayos ng yari.. they expect pati sides buffed.. which is.. almost imposible.. dahil.. nakakalbo.. paint sa dulo.. its easy to buff panel edges eh.. the problem is too much buffing.. nakakalbo...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ILuvDetailing
    M54 Powered: So if you spot paint a bumper do you have to spray another clear coat layer over the entire bumber or the affected arear only?
    affected area lang po.

after sanding/prepping the damage, i would lay down the base color to cover the area, then clear coat a larger area over it. the tricky part is a technique called "feathering", where you reduce (dilute) the clear coat and lightly spray it on the hazy area where you stopped clearcoating in order to blend it in with the rest of the paint.

as i said, you also take advantage of body lines to hide the repair. for example, in the pic that philander posted, i would just clear coat the whole bumper side all the way to the wheel well on the right, and on the left i would blend out to where the bumper curves under the headlight.

ic. very informative M54. would it be advisable to polish after painting? or do you have to wait x number of days?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    like any paint job, you have to wait for the paint to cure before polishing (two weeks should be ok). it's actually advisable to buff out the blended area after that time has passed to take care of any areas that are still a bit hazy.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Re: Philander's post
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have the insurance take care of that, my friend got his 3 month old car scratched while backing up 2 panels (but the extent of the damage looks like yours) and another area damaged by a careening tricycle.

The total amount that the paid to have his car look brand new? 6K.
    It was a good deal, considering he was honest and reported it as two separate incidences.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Originally posted by Tiny
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have the insurance take care of that, my friend got his 3 month old car scratched while backing up 2 panels (but the extent of the damage looks like yours) and another area damaged by a careening tricycle.

It was a good deal, considering he was honest and reported it as two separate incidences.
    correct me if i am wrong, but your participation in an insurance claim is now 5k per incident. in your friend's case 1k lang ang bigay ng insurance. if he reported 2 incidents, baka wala pa syang makuha. if the car is older, may depreciation pang tatanggalin.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Originally posted by Tiny
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do I need to fabricate Police Report?

OT: I'm sorry, if I sound stupid, this is my first time to have a car and learned how to drive. Just acquired this car last Oct 16 and the very first time I've seat in the driver seat to drive....

As I've understand, para mavalidate yung insurance or yung insurance co yung mag aasikaso, I need to have corresponding police report for related accidents... kasi sa pagkakaalam ko, insurance co will not be liable for accidents such as drivers negligence, small scratches due to unknown causes, etc....

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

I'm very hesistant to have my bumper scracthes to be repaired, kasi nga baka di maganda ang pag repaint and at the same time I think mahal din.

I'm thinking na ipabangga na lang ng lubusan and have fabricated police report so that the insurance co will be the one to have complete replacement of the bumper....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    pre,

pag binangga mo pa baka kung ano pa ang madamay sa car mo. hindi naman ganun kalaki yung damage & sa tingin di naman misaligned at bagsak ang bumper. buti nga ganyan lang at di bangga.

kung insurance naman, if you have comprehensive insurance, you can claim for own damage. binabayaran din ng insurance ang damage na gawa mo. yun nga lang may participation ka & AFAIK it is already 5k na. di mo na rin kailangan ng police report. you need it pag may banggaan na involved ka at walang umaamin. accident report lang ang kailangen ng insurance.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    pre,

pag binangga mo pa baka kung ano pa ang madamay sa car mo. hindi naman ganun kalaki yung damage & sa tingin di naman misaligned at bagsak ang bumper. buti nga ganyan lang at di bangga.

kung insurance naman, if you have comprehensive insurance, you can claim for own damage. binabayaran din ng insurance ang damage na gawa mo. yun nga lang may participation ka & AFAIK it is already 5k na. di mo na rin kailangan ng police report. you need it pag may banggaan na involved ka at walang umaamin. accident report lang ang kailangen ng insurance. tama ba mga kosa?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Help... small scratch on my cars bumper