New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Hi Friends,

Please help, I'm panicking a bit. I'm in Pangasinan, a truck carrying a Payloader snapped a power line and 8 happened to be behind the truck when it happened. The cable snapped, whipped down, and hit the hood and roof of my pearl white car. It left black streaks in a V pattern on my roof and hood, one that won't come of with some soap and a bit more elbow grease.

The car is 4 weeks old and had a 9H nano ceramic coating applied to it this last month.

To remove the streaks/preserve finish/prevent damage, What are my next steps? I'm 7 hours away from any detailer I trust.

- servantguy -

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by servantguy View Post
    Hi Friends,

Please help, I'm panicking a bit. I'm in Pangasinan, a truck carrying a Payloader snapped a power line and 8 happened to be behind the truck when it happened. The cable snapped, whipped down, and hit the hood and roof of my pearl white car. It left black streaks in a V pattern on my roof and hood, one that won't come of with some soap and a bit more elbow grease.

The car is 4 weeks old and had a 9H nano ceramic coating applied to it this last month.

To remove the streaks/preserve finish/prevent damage, What are my next steps? I'm 7 hours away from any detailer I trust.

- servantguy -
    feeling ko, if those are burn marks...
    but try to remove them using soap and water, and/or polish. baka libag at dumi lang ng lumang power cable. and i don't think doing them now or doing them tomorrow, will make a difference.
    if that don't work...you may need a paint job, sir.
    insurance... where are those insurance guys..?
    good luck, po.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 6th, 2017 at 09:29 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Insurance ... plus spend for coating on the hood again ...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I'd take it to a trusted detailer for them to give it their best shot at polishing the marks out. Hopefully the 9H coat protected the paint. If that fails, repaint charged to insurance.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If you can feel the scratch with your nail, then it's too deep and a repaint will be necessary.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by servantguy View Post
    Hi Friends,

- servantguy -
    Pasend close up pic sir. TY.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    baka need ng sanding (grit 2000), then polish etc. pero pag di kinaya bro derecho kana insurance.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Thank you for the advice! Thankfully, some light rubbing removed all of the black grit. However, there are 4-5 vertical razor nicks you can feel if you really probe with a fingernail. Overall finish is ok all things considered. Could have been way, way worse....

- servantguy -

9. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Was trying to send photos, but tapatalk won't let me.

- servantguy -

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    use the tsikot android app..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app