New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    This thread will give detailers the creeps. Hehe.
    hahahaha.. very well said.

don't use joy and stick to a decent car shampoo. wag yung shampoo-wax combo BTW.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    basta sa roof ng car, mane and tail ang gamitin nyo. Malay nyo magkabuhok ang kotse nyo.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy18
    shampo ata maganda kaysa joy.. IMO lng po.. dba harsh yan?
    If Joy can easily remove cooking grease and food lard, then it can also easily remove car wax.

My friend uses Joy as engine degreaser but never in washing the car body itself.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    This thread will give detailers the creeps. Hehe.
    What if my car is a convertible? Can I or should I use gel or mousse on the roof fabric?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix
    What if my car is a convertible? Can I or should I use gel or mousse on the roof fabric?
    Most applicable is Downy fabric conditioner.

You can also use this on your fabric seat covers nye he he he

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    base on chemistry haha! the shampoo or soap or any detergent is called a surfactant which means that it has a polar and a non-polar side. ang water ay polar while the oil and dirt stuck to it are non-polar which is when the soap is washed away with water the oil with all the dirt in it gets washed of with the water. so which ever you use be it a car sahmpoo or hair shampoo it has a same principle. so its based on the quantity not much on the quality the more you use the more oil gets strip away the fewer you use the lesser and of course dirt gets washed away. to abstain from this its either you do not use to much or wash your car to often or use a shampoo with condition or something similar that is for a car, conditioners contains oils which keeps the hair shiny which MAY give the same effect to the car (im not sure, but it should). the bottom line with the hair or car shampoo both acts the effect only depends on how you use it and what is mixed with the shampoo. -may natutunan din pala ako sa chem haha!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Gumamit kaya ako ng Head and Shoulders para sa Bogeymachine? Para mawala ang dandruff?

I'll stick to a dedicated car shampoo. Still works for me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i only use joy when i want to strip the wax from the car. correct me if i'm wrong pero di rin kasi maganda na madami na patong ng wax sa car. too much wax on the car seals in the dust. so pag medyo sinisipag ako i wash the car at the neighborhood car wash, then wash again with joy to strip the wax, then wax and glaze afterwards.

as for hair shampoo on the car...is car shampoo really shampoo? or did they just call it "shampoo" since shampoo is a beauty product and calling it as such appeals to the vanity of the car owner? anyway, i think hair shampoo is soap while car shampoo is detergent.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Hair shampoo as car shampoo