New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    one thing to consider for foiling a car is the cost, its quite expensive and its not that practical to a daily ride type of car. they mostly cater to exotic or expensive car owners who wants to preserve their car paints. i inquired last year when my montero is still new, more or less 200k to have it foiled. i'd rather invest in detailing

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    hindi kasama sa choices mo ang plasti-dip?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    hindi kasama sa choices mo ang plasti-dip?
    agree, or plasti-wrap...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Well, I never liked plastidip nor its brethren. The car feels too cheap thanks to the rubberized surface.

A foil won't unfoil itself given it's properly installed. You can foil a lot of things as long as it's has a nearly flat surface. Laptops? Cellphones? Kaya yan.

Problem with foil is that it's expensive versus painting. You typically get what you pay for although if you're great in DIY, just order the rolls and just install them youself. There's a lot of added charge in their labor costs compared to the actual material itself (sympre, doon kita nila eh).

Isa lang naman question diyan eh: Do you need to preserve your original stock color? Exotic cars have theirs foiled because it's a layer of protection. Everybody loves a classic stock color on a collectible. It simply says how caring the original owner is. The longer you take care of the stock color, the higher the resale and value of the car. This is why it makes sense to have a foil on an exotic...... and to also have climate controlled warehouses for storage like what Alex Restoration has.

There are other alternatives to FoilaCar Manila. Foilacar charges exorbitant prices because they're paying top rate location (near BGC isn't cheap at all), and their marketing is also top-notch (sponsoring famous people's foils for free advertisement). They have great margins.. but there are other dedicated foilers around the metropolis. Just look for them. FYI, a typical one-color foil for a midsize sedan was hovering at Php60,000.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    There are other alternatives to FoilaCar Manila. Foilacar charges exorbitant prices because they're paying top rate location (near BGC isn't cheap at all), and their marketing is also top-notch (sponsoring famous people's foils for free advertisement). They have great margins.. but there are other dedicated foilers around the metropolis. Just look for them. FYI, a typical one-color foil for a midsize sedan was hovering at Php60,000.
    60k for a mid size sedan is not bad
    I was quoted 70K for a Mercedes W126 (Not much bigger than a modern Camry) for a full paint job

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12