New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Am thinking of having a red matte foil wrap for my Accent.

Advantages and disadvantages needed. Worried kasi ako na baka pag tinanggal/unwrap due to damage/change eh matuklap ang original paint.

How many years tumatagal wrap?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the purpose of the wrap is to retain the original factory paint. definitely, it will not damage the paint underneath.
    on how many years it lasts, no idea though. but based on Car Wraps: Frequently Asked Questions | Seattle, Bellevue, Lynnwood improper installation and removal can damage the paint. siguro mas maganda if you can have it installed via a reputable installer.

the link above can also answer the questions that you have.....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    The only cons is more of cost.

First, foiling is expensive. Both materials are labor are definitely more expensive than maintaining a regular detailing regimen.

Second, for defects like scratches that penetrate the foiled layer, automatic re-foil na yun panel.

If it was me and this was a daily driven car, stick to a regular paint maintenance regimen instead. The only reason I will recommend foiling is if you have a vehicle 4M upwards.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Hi ask ko lng mga sir im having my car wrap.. Almost done.. My problem is how to obtain a change color permit or process on how to do it.. Sabi skin sa pinagtanungan ko is police clearance lng ung kailangan because you can easily take it out by the time you want to be back on your original color.. And patong lng sya not permanent.. I think it make sense.. But any way i hope you can help me. Thanks

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nihell View Post
    Hi ask ko lng mga sir im having my car wrap.. Almost done.. My problem is how to obtain a change color permit or process on how to do it.. Sabi skin sa pinagtanungan ko is police clearance lng ung kailangan because you can easily take it out by the time you want to be back on your original color.. And patong lng sya not permanent.. I think it make sense.. But any way i hope you can help me. Thanks
    better ask LTO directly. IMHO, wrapping your car is almost similar to change color, i.e. the color in your OR/CR is no longer valid and representative of your current vehicle's color.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    does anyone knows how much a foil wrap cost same color as the car

Foil Car Wrap