New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys,

just got my car from a body repair due to an accident. So far everything is ok the alignment, Installation and even the painting is good. However as I was standing from the passenger left side to see my mirror image the newly painted portions is a bit faded. It is nothing compared to the original paint that came out when the unit was bought brand new.

Some people say ganun talaga pag body repair na... I heard na possible daw when the top coat was applied and the base coat isn't that dried yet kaya nag faded. Some other say di talaga kaya gayahin since paint in plant use electric something... not sure if it is true.

My question is, is there a remedy for this problems? Tried waxing it and the newly painted surface is shiny and glossy but still nothing compares to the original paint which is mirror like finish.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no, it's not "ganun talaga" definitely not.

I'd wait a week or so but nothing more for the paint to cure. If the situation didn't improve or worsened, it has to be sanded and repainted.

Hard to describe a paint job, but it could be a simple case of lack of sanding, finishing or buffing, or it can be a poorly painted car right from the start.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung mga hindi magaling the paintshops, madaming dahilan kapag palpak ang kulay. No its not like that.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, I guess you know where it is... it is done at Isuzu Pasig... actually its ok with them that I bring it in again for repainting or what since it is still under warranty.. but I am afraid baka lalo lang masira so I didnt bother. So I guess no amount of buffing will repair this huh hehee... What should I do??

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have it repainted [by them again] or pacorrect mo na lang sa magaling na paintshop. It won't be that expensive since gawa na yung bodyworks.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, guess that is what I will do... but the question is how long... I cant affored not to have a car pa hehehe... Will try to have Allen estimate the paint job.

thanks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala si Allen sa Pilipinas. Iba na may hawak ng shop sa Quezon Ave. Some of the original staff ng Allen have moved into the shop of Dr. Arnold Isidro. He is Allen's brother.

The shop is located at 68 anonas road, qc. tel 4358118, cell is 09205888466 .

Gaano kalaking section ba ang kailangan i-correct? Though for paint correction purposes, sa Alex kami nagpapagawa. Mahal nga lang but the color matching is spot-on.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Isuzu Pasig, my goodness a guy in his backyard with a can of Pylox can do a better job than they do... May pinasok yung boss namin dati na trooper, pinatira yung fender, my god, it was at par with sidewalk jobs.

Never get your car painted sa casa, they're the worse.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Theveed: i heard that before pa. Malaki kasi damage sa car ko nung pinasok ko so best bet ko is CASA since there are a lot of parts that would be replaced and if I will have it done outside baka di ko ma-claim lahat sa insurance.

Otep: The panels are... Front Fender (left and Right), Bumper, Hood, Right side Door Front and Rear plus the spoiler at the back. To consider na two tone ito and inclusive of the Fender Flare. So.. I think medyo mapapamahal ako since almost 50% na ang repainting hehehe...

Knowing Theeved comments, I guess there is no use to bring it back to them for repainting since they dont do such a good job... thank god accomodating yung sa claims/insurance nila so medyo madali para sa akin yung precess nung pagpalit ng mga piyesa specially some parts that can be reformed but was replaced since I insist on it. Amtayin ko nalang siguro na talagang mag fade and do a complete body washover what do you think?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, pwede mo dalin sa ibang reputable shops and parefinish mo yung panel, kung isang panel lang mga 3K or so siguro pwede na.

faded paint job vs original