New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Sa Big Bert's they can do engine cleaning without using a hose.

I do like to have my engine cleaned from time to time just to get the mud off.
    Do you know how much they charge for this service? How long will the cleaning take?

pano sa MB100 sir? parang mahirap ata ipa-engine wash? baka madamay interior?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    May nabasa ako dati na after magpa engine wash eh hindi na nagstart yung engine. Yung alternator daw natamaan.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    how about yung intercooler mga sir? di ba pwedeng mabasa yun?
    I have my own pressure washer, safe bang combo yun w/ degreaser kahit na nakatakip na yung mga critical components? sorry for my noob question

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    washburn, okay lang yan. i use non toxic degreaser and use a pressure washer.
    Firstly turn on the engine until it is warm to the touch and then turn it off.
    Cover all necessary parts (air intake, electrical, etc).
    Pressure wash to remove dust and dirt.
    Spray degreaser and wait for about 5 minutes.
    Rinse with pressure washer. Repeat if necessary.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jdab View Post
    Do you know how much they charge for this service? How long will the cleaning take?
    mine pina engine washko dito sa petron station samin, around P145.00 lang ginastos ko.. even though petron gas station lang siya, aus naman ung nag e-engine wash, kasi kailala ko na din (ung nag-eengine wash) and siya na din nag eengine wash sa auto ko since... kung magpapa engine wash ka hanap ka ng marunong, wag lang basta basta, im not saying na petron ako, petron na din ang hahanapin mo, magtanong tanong ka ng may kakilala... kasi ako kahit petron kakilala ko naman at alam ko na alam niya gagawin niya.... Nothing beats the Peace of Mind... always go to your trusted, kahit hindi ganun kakilala basta trusted mo...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    so malaki talaga ang risk ng engine wash.dapat pala talaga pagtyagaan mo nalang linisin ng tutbrush at basahan.malinis nga engine baka naman gumastos kapa tsk tsk.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    never had any incident after an engine wash. of course marunong kasi yung pinupuntahan ko and i sort of supervise the work. hehehehe. siguro once or twice a year ko ginagawa 'to depending on the amount of dirt in the engine bay.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Just be careful and always have an engine wash when the engine is cold. Somehow I don't like the idea of cold water being poured on to the hot engine. Diesels with the mechanical injection pumps should also avoid this, the IP's hate the drastic change in temperature. Although a slightly warm engine might help to loosen up the grime, it's best to play it safe.

I use an engine degreaser myself, but when push comes to shove I take a few hours with a paint cleaner and some other products and go about rubbing and cleaning individual exposed engine parts so it will all look presentable.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    When is best time to start the engine wash? does a 15 minute cool down period enough? Something's bothering me kasi. I noticed that last two cars that I owned(puro 2nd hand) are using locally made(evercool/motorco). both only lasted 2 years and may leak na. Engine wash every 3 months.

Does a hot radiator+engine wash=premature leak of radiator?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Engine wash