New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    last last week a bought a liter of gaas to try and clean up the engine bay...wouldn't you know it -- ayaw pa rin matanggal! any tips?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    engine degreaser would do.

or bring it to chieffy kung medyo tinatamad ka

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Avoid gaas. Yes, si Chieffy maraming 3M engine degreaser. hehehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Si Chieffy ang solusyon dyan.. (",)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung nagtitipid, one sachet ng joy dishwashing solution lang (amoy kalamansi ang makina mo afterwards!). just dont forget to wrap plastic in your alternator, distributor, carburator and the sparkplugs if you dont have aircompressor. do it under the sun para madali matuyo. happy washing!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung heavy buildup na ang engine gunk and other deposits....highly recommended na gumamit ka ng engine degreaser. Spray it liberally and soak for at least 5 mins (depende sa brand na nakuha mo minsan longer than 5 mins ang nirerecomend nito). Then rinse, power sprayer is optional. As mentioned above, protect those that need to be protected. Kung kulang pa rin, then I usually use some kerosene placed in a spray bottle ang attack the portion lang that needs additional cleaning...minsan an old tooth brush will help in clearing the stubborn dirts.

After the kerosone, rinse again with water and then I'll have it sprayed with the joy solution to remove the gaas, then rinse again with water.

Kung mga portion na nacover but needs to be cleaned din...manual na ang linis nito with a tooth brush...but I use WD40 instead of gaas or degreaser (although degreaser kung me natira pa would be better din)...I spray the WD40/degreaser on the tooth brush and brush away the dirt with it.

just my 2 cents.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Pare, dalhin mo nalang sa mga professionals. ewan ko ba, basta galing dun the engine seems to be a lot cleaner.(alibi ng mga tinatamad maglinis...hehehe)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe we could help you. Call BigBerts Professional Detailers at 415-0979 and look for David or Vince

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    diesel peeps
    are diesel glowplugs waterproof?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, nakascrew sa loob ng engine ang glowplugs and its contacts are not sensitive like the spark plugs kasi its not a high voltage line. The glow plug is simply some sort of a heating element...standard 12V would do the trick.

Sa diesel the only thing sensitive enough would be the dip stick hole and modern day alternator wherein the voltage regulator ic is inside the alternator. For such, you have to make sure that the dip stick is plug properly to its hole so no water gets in and the alternator is balot sa plastic (a plastic bag should be fine).

Make sure that when you spray with water you don't concentrate too much water pressure on these mentioned areas. Yung portion rin the iyon ang unahin mong tuyuin after the final wash.

I have noticed that the meguires to an excellent job on the metalic prortions of my engine....they look very much like brandnew after the cleaning....but use it properly as directed!

my 2 cents.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Engine wash