New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi Guys,

I have my old school car repainted. Tapos ewan ko kung mali ako, bumili ako ng Meguiars Step 3 na carnauba ata yun... this is the 2nd time na nalgyan ko na yung oto ng step3... masama ba yun????? help.... results? makintab pero di wet look...

eto nga pala pic nung car after the paint. No wax or watsoever that was applied yet...

any tips to make this brighter? Last question I also applied silicone dun sa stainless malapit sa glass kasi di complete yung pagkakakabit nung salamin, worst is nalagyan pati glass.. ano ba pede pangtanggal dun? medyo tumigas na kasi...

Thanks fellow GT people!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    mas maganda po siguro pa buff/polish niyo nalang sa pinagawaan niyo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    painters recommend that you dont wax a new paint job for a month or two. the wax interferes with the curing process for new paint.

agree ako sa suggestion ni shay na ipa professional buff (after the curing period of course). sometimes di lang talaga maganda ang finish at wala kang magagawa...usually if you had a cheap acrylic job na hindi pulido ang gumawa....

detailer's trick to removing wax easily - wash with water and dishwashing soap

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    the paint they used is Anzahl. Napa Buff/Wax na rin sya after i got the car. I saw in Blade store yung meguiars polish wax. hehe ok ba yun?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    sir, i hope you dont mind... you can bring your car sa Big Bert's and let them do their magic to your car. Their price is reasonable and quality ang service nila, you wont regret it

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I would HIGHLY recommend having it clayed first even if it's newly painted. Rinse and let it dry, then apply Meguiar's #7, wait 15 or so minutes to let it haze then buff it off. And finally use Meguiar's #26 OR NXT 2.0, then buff off after around the same time.

The claybar would remove impurities during the curing process that can get embedded in the paint, #7 would give it a deep shine, the NXT 2.0 would protect it. There's nothing like slippery, freshly waxed paint and a freshly detailed car.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    tama si empy. let the paint cure first.

after a month or so, have it machine-buffed and polished. then seal mo na. (clay, polish, wax / sealant)

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    thanks guys...

Dont know what to do... (new painted car)