New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Masyado naman OC. During weekends wash,wax optional yung claying in weekdays tama yun na cali duster and QD(i use TW Platinum QD) if feeling mo wala na yung wax because of the consistent rain, you can wash and wax your car again. Always check if the water still beads or if marumi na talaga you can do your weekend routine.

Kung masipag ka magcar wash mas mabuti siguro kung may drying cloth ka.

Mas maganda kung ang gamit mo kasama ng QD na MF yung Microtex na Pink ang color

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by madkatz View Post
    1. What QD do you use? i have like 6 different QD's (TW Platinum and Ice, Mothers Showtime, Megs UQD, EO Wipe and Shine, Megs NXT, Zymol QD) all nearly empty due to usage and all of them cause streaking for me, this leads me to conlude there's something wrong with what im doing. Could it be that im using too much QD on the paint panel? or Could it be that im using a wrong MF towel for the job? Im currently using California Brand MF towel as well as Microtex Blue.
    I'm interested on theveed's input as well.

But from my experience, the streaking happens:

- if I QD a hot panel,
    - if I use too much QD on a panel,
    - if the QD soaks up the microfiber towel, and
    - if it's time to do some claying again.

2. Do you know any cost effective QD that can be sold in bulk, lets say gallon? Im planning on using them all up then maybe buy a Gallon one for long term use, im currently looking at Last Touch QD from Megs its only at 2.4k per gallon, but if you know any other brand or source that is cheaper and can do a good job im open to take your advice.
    The Megs LT is a good choice since it's available here in gallon sizes, and it could be diluted 1:1 for claying.

Another gallon size I've used and liked is the Adam's QD.

But from my experience, a better choice, although not available locally, is the Optimum No Rinse, as it could be diluted to function, not only as a no-rinse wash, but also as a QD and a clay bar lubricant.

Hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *mau-thanks for the input I'll be sure to try that Pink Microtex Towel if i pass by Blade this Saturday and give it a go

*jon-what MF do you use along with your QD? About the Megs LT, if i plan on using it to clean and shine my car inbetween car wash, i use it straight up from the bottle right? and 1:1 for clay lubrication, did i get that right? or 1:1 for both function? just want to get it right, And based your experience which is better Adams QD or Megs LT? 1. better in terms of performance without factoring in cost. 2. better in terms of performance cost wise?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    *jon-what MF do you use along with your QD?
    Plush microfiber towels - the ones with the thick naps.

About the Megs LT, if i plan on using it to clean and shine my car inbetween car wash, i use it straight up from the bottle right? and 1:1 for clay lubrication, did i get that right? or 1:1 for both function?
    Use it in accordance with the instructions. 1:1 is only for claying.

But... Some Megs LT users in the Meguiars forum have used 1:1 to QD. And another has used it as a rinseless wash. Perform a search there. And, if you're in the mood to experiment, you could try it.

just want to get it right, And based your experience which is better Adams QD or Megs LT? 1. better in terms of performance without factoring in cost. 2. better in terms of performance cost wise?
    1) This is a hard one. I have a number of QDs - Megs LT, UQD, and 135; Adams QD, Mothers Showtime, Eagle One Wipe and Shine, Turtle Wax Platinum, Optimum No Rinse, and Finish Kare 425.

I just pick a product depending on my mood and situation.

2) Cost wise and versatility, I would choose the Optimum and the Megs LT. If you're going after looks though, I would go to the Megs LT.

Hope this helps.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *jon- thanks again for replying

Where did you get your 135? I asked the Megs in kamias and they said they don't have it here, i sure would love to get my hands on a gallon of that detailer, its the synthetic detailer that has hydrophobic properties right? How does it compare to Megs UQD? Aren't they basically the same?

O yeah how does Megs LT and Megs 135 compare to each other looks wise? which is better?

I'm so interested in 135 i've been looking for that QD for a long time now that i don't care even if i need to have one shipped here provided its not super duper expensive though hehe, i've always been interested in hydrophobic QD's and i just find UQD too expensive especially if im gonna develop my regular QD sessions so im looking for a cheaper alternative. O yeah since it has synthetic properties with it, does it mean it also lasts longer than some QD's? Im just glad that maybe i can review from someone that has also tried other QD's and compare it with the 135 so that i'll know if its really worth getting one shipped.

sorry for asking too much hehe

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last night I have watched something about detailing and carwash at History Channel.. weird because it's not about history hehe

I have learned that the final coating of our car's paint contains wax which makes our vehicles appear shiny. They say it is important to maintain it with wax because it fills up the "pores" in the paint and it makes dirt removal a lot easier...

Some tips I can remember from the show: (actually there are 4 but I can only remember 2 )
    1. never use dishwashing liquids as car shampoo
    2. never use chamois because it can remove some the wax, they prefer microfiber towels

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Where did you get your 135?
    I got it online at autogeek.net.

Its the synthetic detailer that has hydrophobic properties right?
    Yes.

How does it compare to Megs UQD? Aren't they basically the same?
    If I recall correctly, they have the same formulation, although each product targets a different market segment. From my experience, I have noticed a slight difference in smell. The M135's scent is not as strong as the UQD. Apart from that, they have the same function and give the same look and feel to the paint.

O yeah how does Megs LT and Megs 135 compare to each other looks wise? which is better?
    For me, Megs LT gives more gloss and is slicker than the UQD/M135, although many claim that the UQD/M135 is really slick. I guess it's just me though. As to which is better would depend on your preference. In my situation, I've found to have used the UQD/M135 more during the rainy season because of their hydrophobic properties.

I'm so interested in 135 i've been looking for that QD for a long time now that i don't care even if i need to have one shipped here provided its not super duper expensive though hehe, i've always been interested in hydrophobic QD's and i just find UQD too expensive especially if im gonna develop my regular QD sessions so im looking for a cheaper alternative.
    Factor in the shipping cost from the states, as this is really a concern you have to face. In my case, I just took the plunge. Luckily the products worked as expected.

O yeah since it has synthetic properties with it, does it mean it also lasts longer than some QD's?
    You could view it that way, because the hydrophobic properties provide some protection on the paint, unlike many QDs which are merely for mild dusting/cleaning and aesthetics.

sorry for asking too much hehe
    Naah... I guess sharing info and helping others is what this forum is mostly about.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *jon- Thanks again, Thanks so much! that was a long but nicely answered query. Any chance you could give me an estimate on how much it costed you for the shipping?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    [quote=madkatz;1338213Any chance you could give me an estimate on how much it costed you for the shipping?[/quote]

That would depend on the fees of the cargo forwarder and the weight of the products you bought, among others. In one instance where I had some gallons shipped here, it amounted to around 5k if i recall correctly , and that was almost 2 years ago na. I now send the products I bought first to my relatives in the states, then request them to include my products in the balikbayan boxes that they send to us, para absorbed na dun yung cost. The products take a while to arrive to me though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123