New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Can anyone share your DIY procedures on touch up painting? Materials needed (and where to buy them) and how they were used/applied. TIA.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JJ All Day View Post
    Can anyone share your DIY procedures on touch up painting? Materials needed (and where to buy them) and how they were used/applied. TIA.
    the most important aspect in touching up, is that there be no rust in the area.
    if the metal is not showing, just clean the area and then apply the correct-color touch up paint using a small brush.
    if rust is present, i remove it with sandpaper, then clean and apply rust converter ("turco" is a popular brand).
    if there is not rust, but bare metal is showing, i use turco nonetheless.
    then i apply the touch up paint.
    if i have a little antirust paint ("redlead", to those as old as me), i apply it first, let dry, then i apply the paint.

it's not difficult. we used to do it all the time, because a professional job would cost more than our finances would allow.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    thanks doctor, what if medyo malalim ang scratch or may konting dent din? what should be applied first before painting?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JJ All Day View Post
    thanks doctor, what if medyo malalim ang scratch or may konting dent din? what should be applied first before painting?
    in truth? the latero's hammer and some putty. that is, if you do not want to be reminded of the event everytime you see the tama.
    but in answer to your query, it's the same procedure as above. you'll just have to live with the deformation.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Saan kaya makakabili ng touch up paint for vios 2008 color thermalyte? Thank yoi

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by enitsirk03 View Post
    Saan kaya makakabili ng touch up paint for vios 2008 color thermalyte? Thank yoi
    sa suking paint shop/store.

bring a sample of the paint or your car. titimplahin nila yung paint based sa kulay ng oto

7. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    sa handyman trinoma dami spray paint with different colors

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App