New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Is there a big difference in results when it comes to hand and machine buffing? Btw, this is for sealer/glaze and wax. I feel that buying a rotary is too steep (cost-wise and learning curve also) given that I will just wax once a month (since the car is always garaged and rarely exposed to the weather). Thanks

Also what is best to use for hand buffing? I have MicroTex Ultra Plush (green) and Chamois.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Theveed, I have some questions...
    1. What is the difference between a Car polishing compound and a Car wax? How often should I use each
    2. Do you recommend Turtle wax products?
    3. Do you offer shampoo for carpet interiors? How much? My car's a 2004 Honda City.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Cut and Paste from another forum. Edited a little to suit this board.

Cleaner Wax- Mothers Carnauba Cleaner Wax( Carnauba) Mothers Reflections (synthetic)

Wax (Carnauba)- Mothers 100% Carnauba, S100 Wax ( 1st choice, available at most Harley Davidson shops)

Wax ( Synthetic)- Megs NXT

Not everything is required but one product for each purpose is enough to detail and maintain almost any car that is in reasonably good condition. If you can get a handle on using these products and enjoy detailing, you will be better prepared to experiment with the more expensive enthusiasts products. Combine a little internet study with this starting point and you will ready to decide where you want to go from there. You will already have all you need to keep your car looking the best in your neighborhood.

I hope this helps.

Sir Theveed,

Saan ba yong mga Harley shops hope you can also post the contact numbers, sensyan na sir, taga probinsya kasi.

Thanks

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Yes.

A car shampoo provides lubricity to minimize swirls on the paints surface. I prefer a washmitt over a microfiber when washing.

You can wax as often as you want, a typical wax will last you a couple of weeks tops. A sealant will last longer. Your paint will love the protection a wax gives. Wax eating up your paint? Its a myth.
    Sir meron kayong nabanggit na sealant ano ba itong mga product na ito or brand that you can recommend, kasi ang gamit ko lang ay glaze pagkatapos wax, at paano gamitin ang sealant, dapat ba iapply ito after wax?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by herbularyo
    Sir Theveed,

Saan ba yong mga Harley shops hope you can also post the contact numbers, sensyan na sir, taga probinsya kasi.

Thanks
    Herbularyo,
    Cut and paste lang ata ni Theveed yan from a US magazine. the shops mentioned there ay sa USA.

Herbularyo,
    Cut and paste lang ata ni Theveed yan from a US magazine. the shops mentioned there ay sa USA.
    Yung mothers, eagle one, Meguiars available dito.
    Mothers - Available in Bigberts, Autoplus, Hans Tools Shangrila.
    Eagle One - Available in Bigberts, Hans Tools Shangrila, Tru Value.
    Meguairs - Available in True Value, Hans Tools, Megs Kamias.

Sir meron kayong nabanggit na sealant ano ba itong mga product na ito or brand that you can recommend, kasi ang gamit ko lang ay glaze pagkatapos wax, at paano gamitin ang sealant, dapat ba iapply ito after wax?
    Klasse Twins bro, but it isn't available locally, if your interested you can join the group buy, Theveed will announce this pag meron, abang abang ka na lang.

You apply sealant before applying wax. The biggest difference is that a sealant will last a couple of months given proper "curing".

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Francis16 & ILD thanks for the info.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dapat yata gawin "sticky" to para laging on top.

nice infos. ;)

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    where to buy Duragloss glass water spot remover and Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner? any idea on the price?

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    same inquiry with jcee about lexol. i read it somewhere that most leather care shops carry this. but no luck in finding one.
    i ended in trying mothers leather cleaner and conditioner. kinda pricey, but my ride's lether seats are softer now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Detailing FAQ and Help for Newbies