The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by smsmssp View Post
    Sirs, would any of you know if the following products have cleaners:

- Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax
    - Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer

Paano ba malalaman by looking at the contents kung may cleaner siya?
    No to both. You can't really tell - you'll need to do some reading up on online to find out what the manufacturer says.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sirs, would any of you know if the following products have cleaners:

- Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax
    - Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer

Paano ba malalaman by looking at the contents kung may cleaner siya?
    if you are looking for a QD with cleaning properties, try Mother's Showtime.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    Interesting read. if i may also include my query..
    i'm considering the 915, but i heard that the shine isn't very durable but the beading effect is still there even though the shine isn't. is this true? i'm not quite sure which collinite i should invest in.
    I'm sooo happy with Collinite's 915. Easily can go past 2 months, maintaining it with weekly wash and spray wax. Manufacturer claims over 6 months with 1 application but that's abroad, you kow how the weather is here.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    if you are looking for a QD with cleaning properties, try Mother's Showtime.
    Thanks for replying umi001 and cjv_justice! Actually, iniiwasan ko talaga yung products na may cleaners kasi matatanggal daw yung Optiguard according to Willy.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Thanks for replying umi001 and cjv_justice! Actually, iniiwasan ko talaga yung products na may cleaners kasi matatanggal daw yung Optiguard according to Willy.
    Just to clarify - Showtime is a cleaning QD, in the sense that it is very lubricious and hence can be used to remove light dust and smudges from your paint safely (using proper technique). However, it does not contain any chemical cleaners that could strip your LSP. UQD, while it can be used for some very light dusting, is more recommended for looks and boosting paint slickness, while UQW is a spray wax that should only be applied on a clean surface.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^ Ayun naman pala. Thanks for the clarification umi001!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Nasubukan niyo na bang magpahid ng QD sa windshield?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Nasubukan niyo na bang magpahid ng QD sa windshield?
    Yes - as long as you do a second wipe (just to catch any possible streaking), it works perfectly fine. With some QDs, it can cause the water to bead on the windshield temporarily, like you applied a rain repellant.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^ Hay salamat! Kinabahan kasi ako kanina. Pag spray ko, nalagyan yung windshield. Kaya tinuloy ko na lang.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Collinite FAQ FAQs » Collinite
    - differences among the product lineup
    - application directions
    - drying times

turns out #885 doesn't have cleaners, only #870. could have been lucky the solvents are strong enough to do the job for me last time

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Detailing Basics and FAQs list.