New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hi guys,

my 3-month old boyfriend got dented and scratched just last week. dont know what what happened coz it was my brother who's using it. he said sa parking area daw. i almost cried when i saw it.

my question is.. can this be covered by the insurance? or is it too small para ayusin nila? what can i do to fix this? pleaasssse

it is located in the upper part of the front tire, driver's side.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sasagutin naman siguro ng insurance yan. If the cost of restoring it is more than your participation fee, then go for it.

However, if the repair cost is lower than your participation fee, lugi ka lang sa gastos; kung mabait ang insurer mo, yun din ang sasabihin nila sa iyo. In this case, it would be better for you to just shoulder the repairs out-of-pocket, and reserve your insurance claim for more serious/extensive damage.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; May 21st, 2007 at 05:56 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    3-month old pa lang. Talagang mapapaiyak ka nga.

The insurer would shoulder the amount in excess of your participation or deductible only, if any.

Sa tingin ko, it would fall within your participation.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO... mahal pa ang participation fee mo vis-a-vis the cost of repairing only that damage.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    thanks for the suggestion pipol!

i guess personal expense ko nalang nga.. i know the sratch can be mimimized but the dent--i'll live with it na lang.

thanks again!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, you can resort to paintless dent removal (PDR) - search ka na lang in the "more than looks" forum for the thread & contact person.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya ng pdr yan then touch up paint na lang muna. panel na kasi usapan
    dyan if ever you want to have it repainted.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    well, you can resort to paintless dent removal (PDR) - search ka na lang in the "more than looks" forum for the thread & contact person.
    theres such a thing pala as PDR? ngayon ko lang narinig yan ahh. kaya lang im from gensan. i'll search and ask nalang sa mga local shops dito if they offer that service.

thanks!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    theres such a thing pala as PDR? ngayon ko lang narinig yan ahh. kaya lang im from gensan. i'll search and ask nalang sa mga local shops dito if they offer that service.

thanks!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO... mahal pa ang participation fee mo vis-a-vis the cost of repairing only that damage.
    yup. totoo ito. nangyari na ito sa akin eh.
    nung bago pa oto, na dent din ng maliit tsaka isang mahabang scratch. since bago yung oto, pinasok ko sa talyer.

ang sinisingil sa akin ng participation, 3000 petot.
    ang cost ng repair, 1500.

out of pocket na lang ginawa ko.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
dent and scratch - insurance coverage