New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    our car fell victim to yung mga nambabato sa C-5. the rock hit on the door arch, just above the door (sayang, sana window nalang, because windows are easy to replace).

there's a small (1") but deep dent right on the edge. ang alam ko hindi kaya ito ng PDR. the dent is small enough that I would probably not have it repaired (although nakakasama ng loob that those ^%%~ squatter druggies along C-5 can just inflict damage on passing cars just like that).

problem is, i think it was a fragment of hollow block that hit, and the paint was removed all the way to the metal. just to avoid corrosion issues i think it's necessary to have this fixed.

assuming i let the casa do it -- what can i expect? i suspect they would strip away the paint on the dented area and a few inches around it, apply masilya galore, and then paint it over. paint matching might be a problem though and it will take a long time.

any other options?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Its a good idea to have it repair to avoid rust and corrosion. Regarding color as long as the car paint still the original they could match it by looking the paint code # in the door jam on the driver side.

dent on door arch