New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi guys,

I just had my car repainted with anzhal urethane paint...

Unfortunately, it got a lot of tree sap and bird poo on it and when I washed it, certain parts looked like nagbubble siya. When I showed it sa car shop, without me telling them that I parked it under a tree, they told me that they appear like the damage caused by tree sap and bird poo.

Aside from repainting, what else can i do regarding this?

This gives me the impression that Acrylic paint seems to be better than urethane tuloy.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    bubbling? that's a new one. my car's anzahl paint job is almost a year old and tree sap and bird poo normally fall on it. damage? if not cleaned immediately and allowed to dry, the sap or poo will leave a mark sometimes eating into the clear coat. usual remedy is claying. harsher methods like the use of rubbing compound and sanding should be left to the pros. however bubbling is one thing i haven't encountered ...yet. anzahl is relatively tough if applied correctly. and with any paint job, preparation (prior to painting) is the key. paint won't last that long/look that good if the surface hasn't been prepared properly. some hi res close up shots would be nice.

3. FrankDrebin Guest
    Wala na bang kwenta ang mga paint ngayon? Yung ride ko madalas naka part sa ilalim ng puno. Tree sap and bird sh*t is an everyday cup of coffee. Although kapag nagtagal nagkakaroon ng mark pero the paint bubble thing is weird.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    I think that the bubbles/bubbling wasn't caused by the bird poo alone.

Damaged paint due to tree sap and bird poo