New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *restituto: i sort of agree with speed here, it looks like both actually, like heat from daily exposure caused the haze and blur and one thing i noticed was that your bulb is a bit too close to the lens and those are a little big. I don't know about armor all but as far as me being a detail item collector i've never seen an armor all for clear plastics, the original armor all are meant for leather vinyl and other plastic uses. As for turtle wax, if you've used f21 protectant then we've made the same mistake, but in my case i used it on the clear plastics on the interior and my gauges started to fade, turns out f21 is only meant for vinyl and other non clear plastic surfaces, i learned that it was the culprit when i read this

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...21-protectant/

right now i just use mothers and megs, i've tried using the ice protectant, it didn't give me any problems with hazing and fading plastic but its also very greasy and i noticed that it attracts more dirt. So i guess the best way to protect it is still to use Moms Plastic Polish or Megs PlastX, As for whether these items could repair the damage done, i highly doubt it, i had to replace all the clear plastics from the gauges i have.

Hope this helps

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    thanks a lot madkatz, i think i learned something here...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Clear Plastic Lens Protectant