New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga bossing tanong lng po, para saan ang clear coat? ano ang magandang dinudulot nito? ano nman ang masama....salamatz!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    clear coat is just a clear layer of paint... old cars use a single stage, non-clearcoated surface... newer cars use a clear layer to provide more shine... search the web for some basic description and history of the transition from the use of single stage paints to multi-stage. Virtually all cars made after 1985 are clearcoated.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    ti adds shine ang glossiness to your paint but the downside of clearcoat is that it is more prone to scratches

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    meron bang nabibiling clear coat na nasa aerosol can? pang touch up lang sana...

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    lestat

meron akng nabiling aerosol can clearcoat! you can choose acrylic or 2K clearcoat.
    They will be the one put paint inside the aerosol. The good thing about it you have the choice, ksi most of the retailers they sell only lacquer to acrylic paint. the store is along shaw blvd pasig city. near the motels, they sell du pont car paints

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    meron bang specific clearcoat type for specific paints or brands of paint... i'm planning to repaint my side mirrors using dupont (urethane)... this weekend..

pag dupont paint, kailangan pba 2k ang clear coat?

thanks in advance.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir theveed. ano ang signs na mauubos na ang clear sa kakagamit ng compounds? pls help. pag dinedetail ko kasi cars ng relatives ko, hindi ko malaman kung manipis na yung clear.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well it's really hard to tell even with a paint thickness gauge, usually, experience will let you "see" how much or how little you've buffed out... I'm afraid I can't put my answer into words this time.

When you start to see milkiness or feathering cracks, then it's almost gone.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thanks sir theveed.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by crossback
    meron bang specific clearcoat type for specific paints or brands of paint... i'm planning to repaint my side mirrors using dupont (urethane)... this weekend..

pag dupont paint, kailangan pba 2k ang clear coat?

thanks in advance.
    yes, i highly recommend that you use basecoat and clearcoat products that are made to work with each other.

to answer hksboy17's original question, the upside (as others have said) is durability and ease of maintenance, including the ability to buff out scratches. there is virtually no major downside to clearcoat vs. acrylic enamel or lacquer paints, except maybe the price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
clear coat