New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    First thing I bought for my new car are door pocket plastic film protection I bought from eBay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Good thing not chrome.Clear bra/clear film for paint protection

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    I hate the look of scratched door handle pockets. I bought mine from a Korean supplier. It’s 3M, very flexible & almost invisible. They sell those in Lazada now.

On the same topic, I wonder if there are film/ protective products that can be installed on headlights to avoid or at least minimize the yellowing and fading that often happens over time. The trick would be how they would be able to handle the heat coming from the bulbs/ projectors, etc.

Any ideas gents?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post

I am not a fan of chrome . For me, the only car color that fits chrome is the metallic blue of the Toyota Altis.

4. Join Date
    May 2009

I and the wifey also dislike all those chrome trimmings and accessories they put on most cars nowadays.

Sabi ni 'esmi, sana daw bumili na lang sila ng Sarao kung ganun din gusto nila.

I hate to use the word "baduy" but it is what it is and anyway we're all entitled to our own opinions.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    I and the wifey also dislike all those chrome trimmings and accessories they put on most cars nowadays.

Sabi ni 'esmi, sana daw bumili na lang sila ng Sarao kung ganun din gusto nila.

I hate to use the word "baduy" but it is what it is and anyway we're all entitled to our own opinions.
    Hahaha....chrome used to denote higher, pricier trims. Not into those black nor faux carbon add-ons either.Clear bra/clear film for paint protection

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Hahaha....chrome used to denote higher, pricier trims. Not into those black nor faux carbon add-ons either.Clear bra/clear film for paint protection

Chrome is an Asian thing I noticed. But some overdo it. Chrome liners around the headlights & tail lights, chrome liners as door edge protectors..... the more, the merrier. I think it functions as a personalized thing so you can ID the car easier in a crowded parking lot?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Chrome is an Asian thing I noticed. But some overdo it. Chrome liners around the headlights & tail lights, chrome liners as door edge protectors..... the more, the merrier. I think it functions as a personalized thing so you can ID the car easier in a crowded parking lot?

My thought as well. I don't judge. Owner's happiness, not viewers' pain or opinion, matters most.Clear bra/clear film for paint protectionClear bra/clear film for paint protection

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016

My wife refers to them as chrome tooth jackets.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    My wife refers to them as chrome tooth jackets.
    Clear bra/clear film for paint protection

10. Join Date
    May 2009

Not necessarily sir Bloo, when I visited my brother in Winnipeg 2 years ago I saw quite a few cars with chrome bling-blings so maybe it's not exclusive to Asians. Then again, it could be possible that the owners of the cars where of our race as well. LoL.

The flat black accessories I don't mind so much, but those faux carbon fiber ones make me shake my head and smile wryly. Why try to claim it for something that it obviously is not, I wonder? Self-deception or just a lack of reliable information?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Clear bra/clear film for paint protection