New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Pardon me for the duplicate topic; been days of searching the whole detailing forum but I really couldn't find the thread.

Anyway, my question: how do we properly clean our MF towels? I've been using diluted dish washing liquid before to wash the towels. Then I soak them overnight in vinegar -- read somewhere that it serves as a fabric softener. However, someone from Mothers Philippines told me that Joy is not advisable to clean MFs.

So what now? Can I just use Perwoll? Based on my research, it's just pure detergent; no fabric softeners that could possibly harm the towels.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I am using a perla bar for cleanning my MF towels. It cleans the MF towels easily and i have used my MF towels over and over.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I just clean mine with running water.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako binababad ko overnight in soapy water para matanggal yung dumi and residuals of wax/shampoo/glass scrub. 1 MF for each type of cleaner ako eh.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    IMO...Any detergent can be use to wash the MF.

Sa katagalan tumitigas ang MF dahil sa wax ng kotse, pag medyo matigas na yung MF, you can boil it a few minutes then balik na uli sa lambot yan na parang bago.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    babad lang sa di matapang na detergent powder ng ilang oras to loosen yung mga wax, polish etc. wag kukususin agad para di mapuwersa at madurog agad. pwede rin lagyan ng fabric softener ang last banlaw para malambot ulit

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    just a suggestion i got from a known detailing shop, use Perla, soak the MF cloth in warm water + Perla, while still warm GENTLY move it around to loosen the solid particles and leave it for a few hours, after go back to it and GENTLY scrub it, they said using Perla would make the MF still soft unlike Tide or other stronger detergents without having to use Fabric softener, they also advised me not to use fabric softeners since it may leave some chemicals streaks on the paint, although i have used fabric softeners on my MF towels before i got this tip and worked with them quite fine, i guess im sticking to their suggestion, wouldn't hurt to listen to the pro's

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I just use soap then running water.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    old school... kuskus piga using whatever soap is available. when using powder soap, be sure to have thouroughly mixed with the water before washing so no large particles of soap will adhere to the fibers.

btw, rinse well

Cleaning MF Towels