New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Actually, a good old fashioned pipe cleaner would also be handy. You know, the ones that your lolo would use to clean his tobacco pipe. They're actually short pieces of wire covered with bristles or absorbent material/cloth and consequently become pretty effective miniature brushes. In fact, these are sometimes used to make wire sculpture.

SM has this in the Men's Department....in the counter where the lighters are sold. Or try the Fuma! counters.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i use my pressure washer to clean the tail lights. it can reach the areas that the brush can't reach.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i learned a few things about this recently. my front cornering lights had turned amber due to the bulb melting some of the plastic.

i tried bleach first (overnight). it didn't work. couldn't find liquid sosa, so i tried muriatic acid :D it didn't take out the amber, but it did strip the silver coating from the lamp assemblies

now i'll have to spend 1000 to replace the two, non-OEM pa yun. :P

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    safe for all ba yung mga mentioned above? ksi yung sa friend ko yung acord 94 headlights niya pinalinis niya, linagyan ng glass cleaner or some chemical, habang linilinis, natanggal yung chrome sa ilang part nung headlamp. is this because luma lang yung car/healamp?

di kaya maninilaw yung headlamps pag vinegar ginamit? hehe thanks thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the "chrome" part is not chromed or anything, it's just plastic reflectorized coatings which are VERY VERY sensitive to anything from physical contact to chemical contact (even water can scrape it off depending on material type)... it's best not to touch that part other than soft cotton towel with no pressure... Older cars (like my 123 benz) has a more metallic coating which is more durable but less reflective...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    .. yeah.. that's what happened to me.. that "chrome" is reflectorized plastic and the muriatic acid took it right off (without any physical rubbing action) :O

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, si Blackmagic, he poured a glass of water and shook the headlight assembly lang (not hard pa!) and the reflective coating came off

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so talagang yung lens part lang na clear ang dapat linisin dba?

problema sa mga honda headlamps bilis madumihan. ibang makes naman di ganyan. bat kaya? parehong stanley naman ah.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dragon, i think it has something to do with where the lens exhaust holes are, the Accord, BMW E36, AE111 Corolla, RAV4 are pretty much a dirt prone model-headlight assembly

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe onga naman..parang mas exposed mga yan compared to others..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cleaning inside tail lenses