New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Depende sa condition ng paint sir. Usually Clay, Compound and Polish and Wax/Seal by a competent detailer ang kailagan. Claying alone can't remove oxidation. Can you post pictures sir?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Sa Blade, True Value, Handyman, even Ace Hardware, meron yan Mother's Clay Bar kit. Shell out more than 1k, pero not more than 1.5k lang ang Mother's Clay Bar kit

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mbk347 View Post

my ride roof is heavily oxidized, i heard that using clay bar can return it to showroom shine, like the pic above?
    pls help fellow tsikoteers...

and where can i get clay bars for less than 1K... Thanks in advance...
    fyi, claybar alone will not turn your car to a showroom shine. claying is just a part of paint preparation process to get rid of contaminants in the paint surface. even oxidation cannot be remove by just claying. paint correction or polishing using compounds is the only way to make the paint surface free from contaminants, oxidation, scratches and swirls that blocks the paint to shine. after the paint surface is properly prepped, a good quality sealant or wax is applied for added protection. the common practice goes like this, washing->claying->polishing->finishing->sealant or wax application...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    That process took me four hours to complete this morning.

*TS - I store my uses clay bar in a zip lock bag, leave it in a cool dry place

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Clay bar...help