New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    got this from C! Magazine.

share ko lang..

Do you know that the most hi-tech airconditioners, air filters and water purifiers use charcoal cleaning, for all of its black and glory, can be used to filter out air and water for it to be suitable for human consumption. What makes the charcoal work is not the black substance of the charcoal itself, but the element that makes the charcoal effective - carbon. One of the most basic elements in chemistry, Carbon acts as a neutralizer in removing odor, germs and even solids. It is for this reason that some cigarette manufacturers started impreganating charcoal into cigarette filters to remove toxins and lessen the harmful chemicals such as carbon monoxide, etc.

You can harness this filter effect:
    Get a PRINGLES potato chip can, fill it with charcoal, puncture the holes in the top with a nail and place it under the seat of your car. You'll notice that in a couple of days, your car will smell less putrid or less "plastic-like" as the carbon of the charcoal inside the perforated can absorbs the odor and moisture inside the vehicle. It is recommended that you discard and replace the charcoal at least once a month to ensure its effectivity.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    epectib po..

nasubukan ko na.

pero hindi pringles ginamit ko, la ako time para bumili eh..

substitute ako ng maliit na wide plastic bottle.

ok na ok..

parang sa ref.

hehehehe..:mrgreen:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas effective kung activated charcoal... not sure san meron...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use activated zeolite "Odor Gone" air deodorizer and dehumidifier by Hydropure. Effective naman. I bought it sa True Value for Php 100+...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok sa uling, after a month, you can use it for your weekend BBQ...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :mrgreen:

7. PJ is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    Try putting charcoal in your Refrigerators. It will work in getting rid of bad smell. We tried this with our old Ref when we were still living in the Philippines...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    suka (vinegar) pwede rin. tried and tested na both sa ref and car. of course, hindi pwede moving yung car kasi tatapon. i use it as the car is parked overnight.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have also tried using this method sa loob ng ref para mawala yung lansa. it works.
    also, charcoal has a way of cleaning out body toxins. i have also tried taking charcoal pills before to lower down my cholesterol level. From 310, it went down to 240 after three months (pero syempre may diet na kasama.)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baking Soda works great as well... It's the most useful product you can get off the shelf.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
charcoal pringles