New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hi, Im new here.... just wanna get some inputs

Just close a deal on Nissan Southwoods for Change Color of my Nissan Sentra B14 for 29,000 pesos. Is this a good deal?

They will be using Dupont paint (Electron Blue), scraping the front/rear bumpers and the hood, repairing rear quarter panel, they said that they will pull out the engine to be able to paint the inner panels. They giving me a 3 months warranty for paint defects and mechanical problems.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for 29,000 pesos and pulling the engine out, I say thats a pretty good deal. Compared to my bodypaint for the same price, they didnt pull the engine out and the inner door jambs are not painted as well. If I wanted to, it would cost me $2,000.

But the paint should be more than 3-months warranty IMHO. Mine has a 5-year warranty.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    kung 3 months lang bibigay sayong warranty, parang sila mismo, walang tiwala sa trabaho nila! ano ang dahilan para pagtiwalaan mo sila ng 29k mo?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    standard warranty for a full paint job should at least be 2 years. my paint job cost me roughly around 32k, but it came with a 3 year warranty.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Within 3 months, you should be able to see any defects or "butlig" that arise from bad painting.

Considering that it's only 29k (and for DuPont paint, no less... which costs more than most), I think it's a pretty good deal for a casa job.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Change Color