New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    san po ba maayos magpa-paint? considering the value for money po... nasa magkano po kaya range ng gastos for dupont acrylic/urethane (with very minor body repairs)? sila na po ba bahala sa papers sa LTO? thanks for the future replies po...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for what car ba? you can have your car repainted (change color) with a budget of 25k... 2k paint na yan. daming mga shops na magaling gumawa. prices vary depending on the size of your car. depende din talaga sayo how much you are willing to spend for the job. i had my car repainted at tuason paint technology (the wet look)... cost me 35k, all inclusive na pati yung rehistro para sa change color. PM me if you want, i know a friend who owns/manages a shop...PPG gamit nila.

HTH

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    my car is a sentra s2 po. btw, ano po ung 2k paint? sorry for d ignorance n tnx for the infos n reply po...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1k - acrylic
    2k - polyurethane

advantage ng 1k is it is cheaper... pero di hamak na mas maganda ang finish ng polyurethane paints IMO.

[quote]The Difference between 2K HS and Acrylic Paints

* 2K HS, 2 Pack or 2 Component (commonly known as polyurethane paints)

Consists of Hydroxy Acrylic resin and isocyanate hardener. When mixed, this paint will cure and dry at room temperature, achieving excellent results. 2K HS paints has a high film build thickness per coat and is the nearest equivalent to original factory stoved finishes, giving excellent gloss, recoatability, flexibility, durability and chemical resistance.

* Acrylic 1 Pack, 1K (commonly known as acrylic lacquer paints)

Unlike 2K paints which dries by chemical reaction or curing, this type of paint dries physically by simple evaporation of solvent or thinner. Due to the large amounts of solvent or thinner to needed to enable this type of paint, it has a low film build per coat. The gloss cannot compare to that of 2K and a gloss retention cannot be assured. This type of paint costs a third or a fourth of imported 2K paints and is still widely used even among some 5 Star paint shops.[/url]

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On the legal side. Its your responsibility to have the necessary papers done, not the talyer's. Make sure you have the papers done asap coz pag nahuli ka.... pwedeng impound yung auto. No kidding.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1k - acrylic
    2k - polyurethane

advantage ng 1k is it is cheaper... pero di hamak na mas maganda ang finish ng polyurethane paints IMO.

The Difference between 2K HS and Acrylic Paints

* 2K HS, 2 Pack or 2 Component (commonly known as polyurethane paints)

Consists of Hydroxy Acrylic resin and isocyanate hardener. When mixed, this paint will cure and dry at room temperature, achieving excellent results. 2K HS paints has a high film build thickness per coat and is the nearest equivalent to original factory stoved finishes, giving excellent gloss, recoatability, flexibility, durability and chemical resistance.

* Acrylic 1 Pack, 1K (commonly known as acrylic lacquer paints)

Unlike 2K paints which dries by chemical reaction or curing, this type of paint dries physically by simple evaporation of solvent or thinner. Due to the large amounts of solvent or thinner to needed to enable this type of paint, it has a low film build per coat. The gloss cannot compare to that of 2K and a gloss retention cannot be assured. This type of paint costs a third or a fourth of imported 2K paints and is still widely used even among some 5 Star paint shops.

You can also check out this thread for more details. Very informative.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir, sa beetle kaya ok na ang budget na 20k? change color strip to metal (dami na kase kalawang eh) what are your other suggestions? thanks!

change color