New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Found rat poop in my car battery when I open the hood which is park in the garage and im using it only on sundays any tips?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Dugyot lang talaga yun owner. Nag CSR wash pero hinde nagbubukas ng hood para linisin din.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guilty. I never open the hood anymore

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Found rat poop in my car battery when I open the hood which is park in the garage and im using it only on sundays any tips?

Since you have a garage, maybe you can just leave your hood open while park.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Place Racumin ready made bait in the nearby corners of the garage. Gotta wash that stuff out well too. Those things will want to come back to where there are traces of the smell of poop and pee.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Place Racumin ready made bait in the nearby corners of the garage. Gotta wash that stuff out well too. Those things will want to come back to where there are traces of the smell of poop and pee.
    The rat here is as big as a cat what im doing right now is to clean it everyweek the engine compartment hoping that cleanliness will shove them away I dont want to harm them because they might get revenge that is always the case with rats.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since you have a garage, maybe you can just leave your hood open while park.

+100. Keep the hood open and if possible have a light on all night. Kung pwede sa may hood yung light mas ok. Kahit 1 watt na led bulb lang, that is only 12 watt hours x 31 = 0.37 kwh per month. Isabit mo ilaw sa hood mismo para buong engine bay maliwanag.

Also baka galing sa labas yung rat. Saan sila pumapasok? Baka yung gate mo open sa baba (grills?) you might consider blocking the grills with chicken wire.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    +100. Keep the hood open and if possible have a light on all night. Kungnowede sa may hood yung light mas ok. Kahit 1 watt na led bulb lang, that is only 12 watt hours x 31 = 0.37 kwh per month.

Also baka galing sa labas yung rat. Saan sila pumapasok? Baka yung gate mo open sa baba (grills?) you might consider blocking the grills with a chicken wire.
    Ito rin problema kahit anong linis gawin mo sa kotse or garage mo kung sa labas galing all you can do is keep them from coming in. Mag lagay ka kaya ng trap?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The rat here is as big as a cat what im doing right now is to clean it everyweek the engine compartment hoping that cleanliness will shove them away I dont want to harm them because they might get revenge that is always the case with rats.

And don't believe that BS about rats getting revenge.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    And don't believe that BS about rats getting revenge.

It is just my impression since they do destroy things and if you try to catch them using mouse trap they know they would not give in to your bait we have a small rat inside our house that we still cannot get rid of.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It is just my impression since they do destroy things and if you try to catch them using mouse trap they know they would not give in to your bait we have a small rat inside our house that we still cannot get rid of.

That's just their natural instinct to chew on things and not because they're on a war path against you personally because of what you did to them or to their kinds.

As for the trap and bait. They just learn from experience what to avoid or not.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
cats in garage