New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    What is a Carbon Fiber Sticker? What is that for and where should it be installed? Bare with me with the questions, newbie here.
    the carbon fiber sticker is basically a sticker with a pattern of a carbon fiber panel printed on it.

It is for those who want the LOOK of a carbon fiber part but too cheap to buy the real thing.

All show and no go.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yep.

Just like those faux wood panel interior accents that Toyota can't seem to let go

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    it adds up to the weight that's all(although it's negligible)
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, layer enough carbon fiber sticker on the car, and it'll be bulletproof...

Just make sure it's the "reall" fake carbon-fiber... not the "fake" fake carbon-fiber. If you're going to go fake, make it look realistic, at least.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Actually, layer enough carbon fiber sticker on the car, and it'll be bulletproof...

Just make sure it's the "reall" fake carbon-fiber... not the "fake" fake carbon-fiber. If you're going to go fake, make it look realistic, at least.
    Er... isn't that supposed to be the kevlar fiber sticker?

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You mean there is already a 'fake' of the fake?

Last edited by Memphis Raines; December 17th, 2008 at 04:10 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The "real" fake carbon fiber is carbon-fiber laid over sticker sheet. So it's real carbon fiber, but fake in the sense that the part isn't carbon fiber, just coated in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Er... isn't that supposed to be the kevlar fiber sticker?
    Kevlar, Carbon, what's the difference? :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi,

save your 3K and get something like ram intakes Prices start at 6.5K I think. Plus, you get to wax your hood and make it shiny!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    IMHO for small trims i could let go...but for the whole hood...too ricey for me. but to each is his own...but why spend 2-4k for something like that if in 4k you have a number of options for performance upgrades that would look "gwapo" din..? or better yet just save it for a bigger, better upgrade...

just my two cents... peace =)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I text Decalfx. 3k ata huling usapan namin for the wood size. Sa tutuban pa daw kasi office nya. But, dami nega feedbacks sa sticker, lumulutong daw pag matagal na nababad sa initan. Mahal kasi pa paint ng carbon fiber ranging 12k to 15k. Diba pinapatungan lang po ng net yun para maging carbon style??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
carb0nFiber sticker question