New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Much better siguro if you polish it first prior applying wax
    If the polishing compound has an ingredient to remove or lessen the watermarks on the paint, this is good start. Then afterwards, a sealant may be of big help.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    If the polishing compound has an ingredient to remove or lessen the watermarks on the paint, this is good start. Then afterwards, a sealant may be of big help.
    agree.
    i think you need a mild abrasive, e.g., rubbing compound, to remove the oxidized layer first, to expose the underlying color.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    *I can't see the faded parts from your photo.

If faded compared to other parts of the car, baka repainted na yung parts na yun and hinabol yung color - wala ka nang magagawa

If orig paint pa bung car (highly unlikely but possible) then pwede mo pabuffing para magpantay yung color tapos protect mo ng wax...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    *I can't see the faded parts from your photo.

If faded compared to other parts of the car, baka repainted na yung parts na yun and hinabol yung color - wala ka nang magagawa

If orig paint pa bung car (highly unlikely but possible) then pwede mo pabuffing para magpantay yung color tapos protect mo ng wax...
    Sir thanks for your input. Ang sakin lang po, wala ako balak i-revive yun lost shine or glossy paint nya. Gusto ko lang ma-maintain yun natitira pang kulay nya and wag na madagdagan ang mag fade as much as possible. So, gusto ko po malaman kung anong best protection ang pwede ko ilagay. Thanks in advance ulet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12