New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    This one. To be honest, around 1.5 years na walang protection car ko. But I have the luxury of a garage so paint's still awesome until now.
    Nothing beats the feeling na protected vroom vroom mo sa garage.
    Unfortunately, sa work ko kasi open area ang parking space. Kaya kalahati ng araw bilad sya sa init.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ This is where wax, sealant and paint protection come in ...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Ask ko lang mga sir. Kapag nagpa-car wash.

Ano mas maganda/effective, hand wax or machine wax?

Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    ^ Sa palagay ko lang, mas effective ang machine wax, BUT... you'll have to make sure that the shop has competent staff. Otherwise, hand waxing can be as effective and a safer choice at the same time.

I spent my weekend waxing my car using Mother's Cleaner Wax. I'm getting confused now, but ano ba dapat mauna, wax or polish? I know that wax acts as the protectant, but which of the two brings in the shine?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Thanks for the tip sir Gearhead.

Merong car wash sa autocamp at dun ko sana magpa wax pero since malapit lang ang Big Berts, dun ko na lang ipawax yung auto.
    Safe and sigurado pa na marunong yung staff na magwax sa auto ko.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Ayun nga ang sinasabi ko. Kelangan authority in their field para sigurado. Parang kabute na nagsulputan na kasi ngayon ang Auto Detailers kuno. Dati, car wash lang talaga with others offering engine wash or interior cleaning. Ngayon, almost every other car wash is offering full auto detailing na. Sa hand waxing, they may do a bad job, but with no damage. With machine waxing kasi, there is the chance na ma-damage pa lalo ang paint mo.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by torvics View Post
    Ask ko lang mga sir. Kapag nagpa-car wash.

Ano mas maganda/effective, hand wax or machine wax?

Thanks!
    for me, pareho lang. mas convenient din sa akin by hand to apply the wax then buff off.

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    ... I'm getting confused now, but ano ba dapat mauna, wax or polish? I know that wax acts as the protectant, but which of the two brings in the shine?
    polishing muna bago wax. kapag maganda pagkapolish mo o prep ng paint surface, lalabas na yung kintab. then top it up with wax or sealant for protection.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by venerzky View Post
    A very good advise for a newbie like me. But i'll be adding Collinite in the list. My question is, are there fake collinites being sold in the market or olx? How to check if the product is original? Thanks.
    May I ask if someone can confirm that this item from Shopee is authentic? Collinite 845 Wax.

Here's the link: https://shopee.ph/Collinite-Liquid-I...6044.248728946

Thank you!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    After polishing, apply sealant first if you have it. Wax on top of sealant as the sacrificial layer.

The one product that I've tried right now is the Soft99 Fusso wax. Although I think its not a wax but a sealant eh. Wax on and wax off lang gawa ko. Really superb hydrophobicity. Beading and sheeting off like a glass coat.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Amyone tried BOTNY waxes? I've had a few people mention and recommend it to me.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tsikot Forums mobile app