New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    yea...what about if your car is newly painted...any suggestions on maintaining the luster of the paint job? newbie here so i am feverishly searching and reading on numerous threads...i'd get my car on monday, i had it painted pearl white para clean look. i just hope i could maintain it. thanks gurus...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Wow 2002 thread...resurrected! hehehe. To answer the question, waxing a newly painted car is NOT recommended. usually after 1-3 months pa bago iwax.

Although you could try paint protection sa Big Bert's.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Wow 2002 thread...resurrected! hehehe. To answer the question, waxing a newly painted car is NOT recommended. usually after 1-3 months pa bago iwax.

Although you could try paint protection sa Big Bert's.
    oo nga sir...i've read that i have to wait for a couple of months before i do it. my very big problem is that i don't have a garage for my ride. any tips or suggestions regarding the matter..? basta hilamos ng tubig every morning to at least remove the dew ok na ba...? of course dry with...hhmmm...chamois or MF cleaning cloth? w/c is better..?

TIA

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpman138 View Post
    oo nga sir...i've read that i have to wait for a couple of months before i do it. my very big problem is that i don't have a garage for my ride. any tips or suggestions regarding the matter..? basta hilamos ng tubig every morning to at least remove the dew ok na ba...? of course dry with...hhmmm...chamois or MF cleaning cloth? w/c is better..?

TIA
    get a MF drying towel.
    pwede ka mag glaze instead of wax for added protection until the time na pwede ka na mag wax.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Yup, its good, 2 in 1. But only for a short period of time. Its more of a convenience, if you are in a hurry and want to have a good and shiny car instantly.
    I tried many 2 in 1 wax and wash and so far, the most that gave the best shine and last a bit longer is Eagle One Wash N Wax. Very nice product. Not too expensive considering its in a half galon pack and gives you desired effect.
    Still, if you are looking for the ultimate and protective shine, wax then apply sealant for long lasting shine and protection.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    how about mga sir sa brand new car, pwede po bang gumamit agad ng 3M shampoo, wax at sealant?...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by james00112233 View Post
    how about mga sir sa brand new car, pwede po bang gumamit agad ng 3M shampoo, wax at sealant?...
    Yes, its safe to use car shampoo. Just get a good quality one. And for the wax, your brand new car is probably still coated with wax and sealant before it left the Casa, so its still protected. But of if, by your own observation or ocular, thinks it needs a little bit of waxing, try to use lighter wax such as liquid waxes found in the DIY's. I used "Eagle One" Wax-As-U-Dry for quick waxing or Eagle One Wipe N' Shine, both for regular maintenance. This 2 are sure safe for use even for brand new car, safe for clear coat too. There are actually several good brands in the market ive' tried some (quiet disappointing), some I still have to try but I'm already very much satisfied with my current brand. AS for the sealant, not at this stage, I'm pretty sure the paint is still very fresh from any stain so wait for a few more Months when it is needed. Better yet consult a professional detailer. Just be very cautious and quick to remove bird droppings as the acid is strong to slightly damage outer coat, just simply spray with water to remove it. No covered parking, look for a high quality car cover. Choose the fabric that is non-abrasive, non-stick during high temperature. Before you cover the car, always dust off to remove very tiny particles of dirt to avoid light and hairline scratches during tug and pull of cover.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^IMO, it much better to seal it now due to the fact that the surface is still clean so you wont seal any imperfections on the paint. its much better to prevent rather than cure.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by flakez View Post
    ^IMO, it much better to seal it now due to the fact that the surface is still clean so you wont seal any imperfections on the paint. its much better to prevent rather than cure.
    In a way,true. Preventative is better than curing. But what about the natural curing of your brand new car's paint? While advance technology in paint may or may not explicitly or implicitly express any after-market applications or warrantys immediately or fresh from the Casa, In my own humble opinion (and experience), for durable paint life that will have a long-lasting and toughness on the paint finish, a month or 2 for natural curing would probably be ideal before any hard wax/sealant application is required. That is why new technology in car appearance maintenance products are available now for brand new vehicles. I call it soft wax (liquid type or at the least, creamy). I had my previous car applied for sealant after 6 Months and from date purchased.
    In the end, it will still be your decision or what you think will address the circumstances. You see, auto detailing or paint protection program is a very subjective procedure. There is no exact solution for all car, each has its own unique situation. Well, maybe one or two might have the same problem, but generally, it will be on how sharp the eyes of the detailer to distinguish the type of works needed for every paint.
    I do not believe in a structured approach in detailing such as those the that advocates step 1,2,3 and so on.
    Auto detailing is like bringing your car to the doctor, have it properly diagnose for the correct medication for proper treatment and finally, for good long-lasting health. In other words, dont' fix it if it aint' broke.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by flakez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raby leon View Post
    Yes, its safe to use car shampoo. Just get a good quality one. And for the wax, your brand new car is probably still coated with wax and sealant before it left the Casa, so its still protected. But of if, by your own observation or ocular, thinks it needs a little bit of waxing, try to use lighter wax such as liquid waxes found in the DIY's. I used "Eagle One" Wax-As-U-Dry for quick waxing or Eagle One Wipe N' Shine, both for regular maintenance. This 2 are sure safe for use even for brand new car, safe for clear coat too. There are actually several good brands in the market ive' tried some (quiet disappointing), some I still have to try but I'm already very much satisfied with my current brand. AS for the sealant, not at this stage, I'm pretty sure the paint is still very fresh from any stain so wait for a few more Months when it is needed. Better yet consult a professional detailer. Just be very cautious and quick to remove bird droppings as the acid is strong to slightly damage outer coat, just simply spray with water to remove it. No covered parking, look for a high quality car cover. Choose the fabric that is non-abrasive, non-stick during high temperature. Before you cover the car, always dust off to remove very tiny particles of dirt to avoid light and hairline scratches during tug and pull of cover.
    Thank you po sa mga reply nyo.
    I do have another question. Is hydrophilic paint protection from Honda advisable for a brand new car to be applied?..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Car Shampoos with wax (Wash and Wax shampoos)