New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ok ah ILD.. :bwahaha:

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    dehadista: nakakaoverwhelm kasi yung thread... 1000++ posts, it was a bit diffcult to follow certain questions... but i saw the 3 important and very useful threads at the page's bottom. thanks!

I suggest you download the little detailing guide I made for newbies at
    http://groups.msn.com/PinasDetailin...gdocuments.msnw Hope that helps...
    theveed, can I please request for a copy of this? The link directs to a dead list. also follow up lang regarding ILD's advise of steps: wash, dry, sealant, wax-- you mentioned in a different thread not to use both consecutively (sealant and wax), to just use one... will a sealant also give the car shine like a wax does?

ILD, thanks. will buy mitts- one for washing... and another waxing- right? Also, the car's dark green.
    Last edited by mazdamazda; February 7th, 2007 at 09:20 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hi! Follow up questions, hope no one minds the mixed subjects. After wanting to have a wheel alignment, i was informed of other problems:

1. my brakes were checked at a popular car shop-- they measured the thickness of the front drums. they said that below a certain measurement (0.78mm) the drum hould be replaced, mine measured 0.69, bec it could be hazardous. i went to another shop for a second opinion and they test drove the car and poked around a bit (no measuring tho) and said they were usable but i have to change the brake pads--- should i quit worrying and go for the second opinion and just cnaged pads or is there a danger im not seeing with the first advice?

2. Brake pads- I was reading the thread and it basically boiled down to 3 ok brands: akebono ceramics, bendix and bosch, (a shop recommended arstech? (arstec?) but it seems no one knows about it ... ), any last input would be VERY MUCH appreciated before i buy this weekend, probably akebono (the obly brand no one complained of of being noisy).

3. changing tires-- they also told me to change one of the tires because of a bump, was told both front tires had to be changed sabay, i cant just change one and not the other. my question is- i've two tires lying around (used for a civic and a galant) can i just use one of these instead of buying two new ones? is it as simple as that?

4. Just to confirm. The detailing FAQ mentioned "Applicators- Foam is good for waxing"- meaning i can use the cheese-block with big holes kind of foam? Or is this referring to a specific kind of foam? feeling up the mentioned foam when it's dry, parang ang gaspang kasi, altho i suppose it will soften up once it has wax in it....

Much much thanks for any advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
car care 101