New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Hi guyd i need your help ung 1 week old car ko sinabitan ng jip na dale ung rear bumper na may massive scratch na as in tuknap tpos merong ibang scratches sa left door panels, question ko is wala b msma if sa body repair shop ko to dalin or mas mgnda sa casa nalang, ppagawa ako affidavit tomorrow since hit and run siya, iniisip ko lang processig ng insurance and repair baka matagal nasa break in period pa ako huhu help naman guys thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Just claim it under insurance. Much cheaper compared to having to buy a new bumper and having it repainted along with your door.

Much less hassle too. You buy insurance for cases like these, I don't see why you won't use it.

Claim will take about 1-2 weeks to process. You can still use your car during that time. Just bring it to the dealership once the LOA is available. Based on your description, repair and repainting will probably take a week.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Just claim it under insurance. Much cheaper compared to having to buy a new bumper and having it repainted along with your door.

Much less hassle too. You buy insurance for cases like these, I don't see why you won't use it.

Claim will take about 1-2 weeks to process. You can still use your car during that time. Just bring it to the dealership once the LOA is available. Based on your description, repair and repainting will probably take a week.

Na chip off tlga ung paint and plastic tlga ung sa gilid kc sir ng rear bumper eh... eh gusto ng mother ko pagawa agad kasi ang sagwa and naiirita siya so i think ipapa body repair ko nalnv since hnd nmn siya covered ng warranty and i dont think mkakaya ko tgnan ung sskyan ng gnun ung condition... so question ko nalang sir is wala nmb mggng problem if ipa body repair ko nalng no?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by iameldrin View Post
    Na chip off tlga ung paint and plastic tlga ung sa gilid kc sir ng rear bumper eh... eh gusto ng mother ko pagawa agad kasi ang sagwa and naiirita siya so i think ipapa body repair ko nalnv since hnd nmn siya covered ng warranty and i dont think mkakaya ko tgnan ung sskyan ng gnun ung condition... so question ko nalang sir is wala nmb mggng problem if ipa body repair ko nalng no?

Meron. Pangit gawa.

Ang bumper ay plastic at hindi narerepair. Kung sira yan, sira na yan at pinakamainam na papalitan mo na ng buo. Ang body panel, pag nirerepaint, kailangan buong panel or else halata na hindi pantay pintura. Any decent paint shop will tell you that. Only shady shops will accept touch up repairs for significant paint damage.

It would help a lot if you could post pictures of the damage so people can assess your situation better.

Also, as a moderator, let me warn you to post your replies legibly. Use correct sentence construction, punctuation, and no text speak. Ang hirap basahin ng post mo sa totoo lang.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Meron. Pangit gawa.

Ang bumper ay plastic at hindi narerepair. Kung sira yan, sira na yan at pinakamainam na papalitan mo na ng buo. Ang body panel, pag nirerepaint, kailangan buong panel or else halata na hindi pantay pintura. Any decent paint shop will tell you that. Only shady shops will accept touch up repairs for significant paint damage.

It would help a lot if you could post pictures of the damage so people can assess your situation better.

Also, as a moderator, let me warn you to post your replies legibly. Use correct sentence construction, punctuation, and no text speak. Ang hirap basahin ng post mo sa totoo lang.

Ay sorry sir eto po ung damage

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    What is ipa-body repair? Aside sa bumper may iba pa ba damages?

Like what bro Jut suggested, use your insurance.

Comply all the requirements then submit it. Participation lang babayaran mo.

Looking at it mukhang repaint lang yan hindi replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    What is ipa-body repair? Aside sa bumper may iba pa ba damages?

Like what bro Jut suggested, use your insurance.

Comply all the requirements then submit it. Participation lang babayaran mo.

Looking at it mukhang repaint lang yan hindi replacement.

Ung sa dalawang pinto sir parang gasgas lang and small dents

Mejo na chip off ung plastic jan sa bumper dun sa mismong gasgas

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by iameldrin View Post
    Ung sa dalawang pinto sir parang gasgas lang and small dents

Mejo na chip off ung plastic jan sa bumper dun sa mismong gasgas

Use your insurance, every damaged panel will be repaired/repainted. Sulit na insurance mo.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    What's the typical turn around time for minor body repairs when done through insurance? I'm thinking of using the insurance right after All Saints/Souls to have the scratches and dents on my passenger side (from front fender to both doors and rear fender) repaired. My worry is if it takes too long we might not have a car during the Christmas season.

And I noticed that come the 4th year of my insurance policy renewal (which is this December), I'll be charged a certain percentage for depreciation on top of the participation fee? Will depreciation apply in case there's nothing to replace?

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    What's the typical turn around time for minor body repairs when done through insurance? I'm thinking of using the insurance right after All Saints/Souls to have the scratches and dents on my passenger side (from front fender to both doors and rear fender) repaired. My worry is if it takes too long we might not have a car during the Christmas season.

And I noticed that come the 4th year of my insurance policy renewal (which is this December), I'll be charged a certain percentage for depreciation on top of the participation fee? Will depreciation apply in case there's nothing to replace?

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk
    Haven't tried using insurance for repairs but according to my friend with his car it took around 3 weeks for his car to get repaired (The damage is a dent only on his rear ) i'm not sure though if the process of getting the insurance is already accounted for in that 3 weeks time it may take longer due to that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast