New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For B&D owners, I heard that some units meron "tunog lata" and then it has to be sent back. However, someone naman said that because of the shipping, some screws loosen, and all you have to do is tighten them. And after that, ayos na daw.

Two questions:

1. Is the problem really solved by just tightening up the unit? Meaning, is the unit trouble free na talaga after that?

2. Assuming it's in good working condition (hindi sira or hindi lemon), how's the performance naman of the unit?

For KYK owners:

Would you recommend the KYK over the BnD? What are the pros and cons?

The price difference is small (about P600), so that's not really a concern. But what about maintenance and parts (and accessories) of both the BnD and KYK?

All your opinions and reviews will be very much appreciated. Am looking for a Christmas gift for me kasi.

--Alf

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    8) alf,
    i think na basa mo yan sa PAD forums....i myself owns a BNd orbital.......after ko ipa ayos yung unit (free of charge)...ok na sha....and i've used it for more than 10 times already and ok pa sha.....
    .....i suggest you buy na lang the Kyk to be sure....konti lang naman diff eh.....coz i dont know kung ubos na yung lemon stocks ng Bnd orbitals.....and na test na nila sir theveed yon ..hands on during the eyeball of PAD......
    :lol: :lol:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bought an orbital buffer na B&D.
    Believe it or not, naka-dalawang palit ako
    dahil the first two units I got was defective.
    The first one, nawala sa alignment after just
    two uses. The next one naman, nawalan ng
    electric power after two uses.
    Buti na lang at sa Hans Tools Shangrila, palit
    kaagad ng unit with no questions asked.
    So far the third unit is functioning properly.
    Doon lang naman yun sa buffer. Bumili rin
    naman ako ng ibang products ng B&D (drill,
    vacuum, sander) okey naman. Yung buffer
    lang yata ang may lemons.

Black&Decker versus KYK. Your opinions, please!