New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i didnt expect that the river would overflow at my place,besides,it wasnt raining before i slept...to my surprise...ayun...basa na karpet ko...of course, i expect the water to come from the flood...apart from the pbvious,what other stuff would yuo guys recomend??? also,napasukan ng sangkatutak na tubig yun muffler ko...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How submerged was your vehicle?

If only up to the carpets, you can just remove the seats and carpets to dry off the interior.

Sometimes I use a hair dryer or heat gun to dry hard to reach areas.

As for the muffler, just drive for a day or two, tanggal ang tubig niyan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    After drying up your carpet, apply baking soda, leave overnight, thence vacuum para d mangamoy.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i suggest that you wash your carpet and not just dry it. madaming germs na nagtatago na dyan dahil sa flood water. leptospirosis?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    yung akin pinatanggal ang pinahugasan ko sa bigberts...la pa 1t..2 days lang..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung lubog I would suggest that you remove your plugs and crank your engine. This is to remove water and prevent damage to the engine.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks guys..actually nabasa yun carpet..had it shapmoo'ed sabi sa carwash no need daw to remove since di naman daw super grabe tsaka it would take up a lot of time to dry bec of the rain :-( anyways...its still moist...it smells...and i hate it...lumabas na lahat ng water sa muffler pipes di naman umabot sa manifold...badtrip...oh well my car is running at its best condition again..wala nang garalgal after a few KM...i hate the MANILA city gov and it's 'flower vase' mayor...pretty to look at but USELESS...u heard that right mr Atienza

sir anong area ba yan?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you HAVE TO remove it, there's no other way.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    binondo...how long does the carpet dry usually under the sun? my problem is that the weather is unpredictable,it rains w/o warning...if this happened during the summer time then i think alang problem..last time i experienced wet carpet was some months ago naiwan ata ng mekaniko na nakabukas yun bintana ko...so there you go...dunno how my carpet got dry but it tiook lots of time for it to totally dry out and more time for the smell to go away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
binaha yun car ko