New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 240 of 240 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2400
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zel.chikot View Post
    it's not too deep. you can only see it when it is lighted. I'm really paranoid on the scratches. I tried using a scratch remover from 3m but I was afraid so I just tested it on a very small part of the scratch. I think I may have slightly damaged the clear coat. Did I?

What do I need to repair the clearcoat?

and also, if I would like to have polishing so as to remove light scratches, how much would this be and can big bert's repair my clear coat "presuming I damaged a small part of it"?
    3m scratch remover is quite course actually and it needs to be followed up with a finer polish to make the paint look great again, it would be best to bring over to BB and have it checked, what i usually do it use a scratch remover followed by a really fine polish so remove the scratches caused by the scratch remover

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I got a question. I got scratches on my front and rear bumper. some are deep. If I bring my car to BB, what service would you recommend? will it need a 2step or 3 step detail? that would cost me 2k for just my front and rear bumper. how much would it be if only to fix the scratches on my front and rear bumper? just a rough estimate please.

can you just do and bill me the repair of the scratches on the front and rear bumper only? or would i need to pay for the whole 2step or 3step detail which is 2200 or more?

*I think scratches would need some repainting as it is colored silver.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    depends on how deep the scratches are. better if you bring it to the shop so we can assess it better.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by madkatz View Post
    hmm first i would suggest that you have your mom have it washed at BB so you avoid getting scratches back into the paint, then i would suggest an exterior detail to remove the scratches, oxidation or any flaw and bring back the shine, and just add a little more extra to have it sealed and waxed to protect the paint for at least 3 months, for the pricing try calling them at 7427400
    Thanks! i'll have it washed and detailed in BB within the week the paint has water marks na din, buti na lang din the color made it less conspicuous

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    i recently had scratches on a small part of my hood and i tried to fix it using 3m liquid wax (sachet). I lightened it but after week, i saw weird stains on the part which I wax. What could this be? and I'd like to have a double wax, will this fix it?

how long po ba yung double wax ng BB?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I read somewhere that using vinegar will take away water marks in the paint. I just had Optiguard on my car. Will the vinegar remove whatever was put in the paint by the Optiguard session?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    hi, i have a new black altis (1 month old), but it has some minor scratches already (unfortunately). any recommendation on what service to get?

im keen on the new car paint protection, but im not sure that it will remove the scratches..

thanks!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zel.chikot View Post
    i recently had scratches on a small part of my hood and i tried to fix it using 3m liquid wax (sachet). I lightened it but after week, i saw weird stains on the part which I wax. What could this be? and I'd like to have a double wax, will this fix it?

how long po ba yung double wax ng BB?
    if its above the paint stains then there's a high chance it would be removed by double wax since they use a cleaner wax for the first step, but it all still depends on the stain

double wax from BB would take about 2 to 4 hours tops depending on whether they are fully loaded

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by battlestar^ View Post
    hi, i have a new black altis (1 month old), but it has some minor scratches already (unfortunately). any recommendation on what service to get?

im keen on the new car paint protection, but im not sure that it will remove the scratches..

thanks!
    hello, i usually advice people to check where the scratches come from, and if its induced by washing i usually recommend learning how to do a swirl and scratch free washing method before having the car detailed, if its very very VERY light double wax might be able to tackle it, if its swirls and light scratches 2 step might be able to do the job, but for a thorough and complete defect removal of what ever is safe to buff off i would recommend getting an exterior detail service, my BF just had his innova detailed today and i am impressed at how much scratches and swirls have been removed, getting the new car paint protection doesn't really remove any but the lightest of scratches, you might want to get the optiguard since it also comes with one free exterior detail

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rj_tim View Post
    I read somewhere that using vinegar will take away water marks in the paint. I just had Optiguard on my car. Will the vinegar remove whatever was put in the paint by the Optiguard session?
    well considering that vinegar is an acid, there is still a possibility that it might reduce the protection, i doubt it could remove the carlack but maybe diminish the protection a little. vinegar can only remove very very light water marks

------------------------------------

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

This discussion thread is continued at:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73464

Last edited by ghosthunter; August 24th, 2010 at 07:47 PM.

Big Bert's Thread [ARCHIVED]