New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    guys,

i usually bring my car to a carwash once a week. but sometimes the dirts just cant wait for its next sched.

i need your tips & advise on how to wash my car properly. what soap to use, how to dry off my car after rinsing w/ water, what products to use sa interiors for the glass, leather, vinyl & plastic surfaces, so on so forth

also the best way to preserve or maintain my car's paint job

kindly advise
    Last edited by malufets; March 17th, 2005 at 04:44 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I don't if you guys have it there, but here in Canada we have a Mr. Clean AutoDry car wash system. It's a spray gun that attaches to your garden hose. The gun has a water softener cartridge and an automotive soap cartridge, both are replaceable. The water softener cartridge will soften the water that you are spraying on your car that will allow it to evaporate without the need to use a towel! Many people in my car club have sworn by it although I haven't used it personally. If you guys have it, it's worth your while to check it out. The soap will work on all surfaces of the car.

If you don't, make sure you use soap specifically made for vehicles, don't use ordinary dish soap. Start from the top and work your way down towards the ground. Use a chamois or a clean dry 100% cotton towel, turning or changing it every so often (use at least a couple of them when drying your car). Also, make sure you wash it in the shade, not in direct sunlight because the soap drying on a hot surface may damage the paint.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    bro, look at theveed's sig. (he's one of the mods here) there's a link there that hooks you up to Pinas Detailing. I believe that could better address your queries..

personally, it would take a while to discuss the finer points of detailing. what you can do first is browse through the the threads in the "More than Looks" forum...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    bluntman,
    i'll go around & see if we already have something like that in the market. its would be so cool to have a water spray gun for my car w/o having to dry them off. by the way, does the water softener & soaper works at the same time? or one at a time? ayos!

dehadista,
    ok i'll do that. salamat!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    do a search first dito sa tsikot, marami nang topics about washing

yung site ni theveed (just click the link in his sig) marami ring info hehe

go here group.msn.com/pinasdetailing lots of tips

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    pede ba gumamit ng joy dishwashing liquid?dinidilute ko lang sa maraming maraming tubig?
    Last edited by halimaw; March 22nd, 2005 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by halimaw
    pede ba gumamit ng joy dishwashing liquid?dinidilute ko lang sa maraming maraming tubig?
    Di advisable, kasi matatanggal wax mo, and pag masyadong malabnaw magagasgas paint mo... not enough lubrication.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by malufets
    bluntman,
    i'll go around & see if we already have something like that in the market. its would be so cool to have a water spray gun for my car w/o having to dry them off. by the way, does the water softener & soaper works at the same time? or one at a time? ayos!

dehadista,
    ok i'll do that. salamat!
    I think TrueValue Shangri-La sells that Mr. Clean system.

Dunno if it will help you though. Hindi lang naman hard water ang kalaban mo dito sa Metro Manila eh. Our air is terribly dusty. Even if you soften the water enough to prevent hardwater stains... you'll still probably get dustmarks...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Good idea to wash the car yourself. Those neighborhood carwashes usually will ruin your paint job.

Go to mothers.com or meguiars.com and read thier articles on how to wash cars properly.

the best way to wash your car?