New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mothers or meguiars, basta pinolisher ok :D Me personally, meguiars

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    8) meguires, mothers, Eagle One, 3M............those are great waxes to choose from.......but i guess....it still boils down on how you use the wax effectively.....as sir theveed would say ....theres no such thing as the best wax...gud luck.... :D :D :D :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nasabi na ni E46 and coolrolla... There's no such thing as BEST WAX... marketing ploy lang yan if you believe in any company making claims that their products are the best... based on what ba diba?

All waxes or sealants are products of compromises... The usual trade offs are between clarity, reflectivity, price, shine, ease of use and durability... Think of those six factors being placed in a pie, if you add points of any one of the six factors, the others will suffer... The best show car waxes have very little protection or durability, the longer lasting ones will not have the same visual effect, or takes more effort to use...

It all boils down to what you NEED... if you have a garage queen show car, then go for max looks... if it's an everyday ride, go for durability, if you don't mind waxing/sealing often, go for something in between, etc etc etc...

Any consumer who believes that a BRAND (meaning full lineup of products) is the best isn't a smart shopper... Coz clearly, if that is true, there wouldn't be anything else on the market.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well said. the best talaga to si ser theveed! sa other board pa lang dami ko na natututunan! thanks!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir theveed,

pang everyday driving yung car ko, i want it shiny but i want to wax it every 6 months lang, or quarterly. Kasi sabi naman ng iba pag wax ng wax ninipis yung body paint.

My car is Silver-Gray Civic EK.

What Brand would you recommend for me to buy ? Thanks Mr. Detailing Guru.
    :wink:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    IMHO - I think Zymol and Meguiars does the work OK. But to tell you honestly guys Zaino is the Best. ... And it smells great too...

'di ko lang alam kung meron ng dealer diyan ng zaino... I wish meron na para talagang masubukan ninyo...

RIDE ON...
    8)

Also check this URL http://www.nsxsc.com/n***citement/waxtest.html

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Contrary to a lot of Z believers, Z isn't necessarily the best per se.. again, it's a matter of compromise... Z provides excellent shine but cuts out depth compared to premium carnaubas, to each his own so to speak, 90% of your paint's reflectivity and gloss comes from polishing not from wax/sealant.

Z does prove to have the best durability, if you use the whole system correctly. You can order Z from Singapore through cazcomp.com they ship to Manila for about Sing$20 a set.

Another Z test http://pages.sbcglobal.net/gheumann/zaino_test/

This guy Greg is a very well respected member in Porsche and BMW forums, he's really good with detailing and his car obviously speaks for itself.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Palerider: Waxing does NOT thin out paint, that's an uneducated paint myth by a lot of "old timers"... I don't recommend brands or specific products in most cases coz it may or may not work well for you.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i agree theveed but then again ... It all boils down to one simple solution to this poll...
    When it comes to waxing it's personal preference.

Ever heard of using peanut butter on the faded door handles before ???

RIDE ON 8)

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    based on experience lng po... dko nagustuhan ung mga wax na nagamit ko like turtle and auto-gard... pero ung armor all medyo may magandang effect kc kumintab ng konti... I prefer ung Ziebart diamond gloss... Isang apply lng gud na for at least a year...

Meron ako nabasa nun axion yata for car use... pantagal cguro nang peanut butter.:mrgreen:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Best wax that takes care of your paint?