New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    In my case, bangga/deep scratch, panel lang pinapa paint ko.

When to do a full body paint... 1.5months after I put a for sale sign and wala pa din good offers.
    Though may buyers (mostly buy and sell people) who wants a car with "orig paint" than a newly washover one

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Had mine washed over/repainted.... ok naman back to original look.

I was excited when i got it back... it was all shiny and clean na parang brand new... until i put it under the sun.... there were swirl marks all over... so sad as maybe it happened when they polished it before releasing.

Tried to raise it up with them and they said that swirls are inevitable... but IMO not to a newly painted car! They finally agreed and asked me to bring it back and they will repolish daw. But I'm hesitant as maybe it will just make more swirls.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    I wash my car by myself,there is no set time, if the car is dirty enough, I will wash it

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The topic is on when to repaint...

Paint thickness gauging and paint correction first.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    Even the best paint shops can't match the original factory paint of your car. that is a fact. Caring for the original paint is really a challenge overtime while you own your car but it is still the best paint your car ever had..
    Agree with this. How can a shop match something like this? Robotic arms spray painting with precision at the assembly lines, in a possibly particle free/clean room:

Toyota Paint - YouTube

I've also noticed the factory paint jobs of the latest Mazdas rolling around the Metro to be really superb. High quality finishes like wet glass talaga

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    I've also noticed the factory paint jobs of the latest Mazdas rolling around the Metro to be really superb. High quality finishes like wet glass talaga
    my detailer told me Mazdas are the hardest paint to copy. (if I remember correctly, -> 2019 ko sya hhuling pinuntahan) they need 3 layers of paint to match Mazda colors.

they prefer to just repaint the whole car, or have it wrapped.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Though may buyers (mostly buy and sell people) who wants a car with "orig paint" than a newly washover one
    I agree. hence I only do a washover kapag wala na talagang choice. hopefully may hindi nakaka-intindi ng "car paint" and bilhin yung car

Kapag di na shiny yung car, I normally tell family and friends to have it buffed then coated.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    I don't think its just bec of the orig paint job.

Ang thinking ko kasi is, baka hinilamusan para ma-conceal yung mga sira/bulok ng sasakyan

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    I don't think its just bec of the orig paint job.

Ang thinking ko kasi is, baka hinilamusan para ma-conceal yung mga sira/bulok ng sasakyan
    believe me. madaming used car buyers ang di alam ang importance ng orig paint.

of all the cars na nabenta namin... all buyers preferred the car nung "nahilamusan" na.

my first car nung college ako was a '84 box type orig paint. 2nd owner kami
    sold it in '98. tawad sa akin was 75K. after the cheap paint job (spent less than 10K), nabenta namin ng 110K.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    believe me. madaming used car buyers ang di alam ang importance ng orig paint.

of all the cars na nabenta namin... all buyers preferred the car nung "nahilamusan" na.

my first car nung college ako was a '84 box type orig paint. 2nd owner kami
    sold it in '98. tawad sa akin was 75K. after the cheap paint job (spent less than 10K), nabenta namin ng 110K.
    of course!
    the well-executed new-hilamos look is really a sight to behold.
    i purchased one such. it got quite a number of positive nods in my atmosphere of acquaintances.
    but some rust started showing, about 2 years from purchase.
    i would have ran after the rust, but i decided to sell it instead.
    i could not esophagus the fuel appetite. 5 to 6 km/li in light traffic.
    and here i am, cogitating on getting a camry...
    heh heh.

but i wonder,
    how many car buyers know how to differentiate between original paint and repaint?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast