New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meron nabang naka experience na gumamit ng deepwell na tubig sa pag linis ng sasakyan? Wala ba kayong napansin sa paint ng sasakyan ninyo?Takot kasi akong gumamit ng deepwell na tubig kasi napapansin ko na yung ceramic tiles na nililinis namin using deepwell water nawawala yung kintab. Pag natatalsikan ng water na galing sa deepwell yung sasakyan ko at hindi ko na pinunasan ay mamumuti yung area na nabasa.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yan din ang problema ko sa tubig namin dahil nasa province kami and treated or demineralized water is not available unlike in manila. just polish and wax the car regularly and be sure not to wash your car under the sun para hindi ka matuyuan agad that will result to stubborn spots and it will be a great help if you have an air compressor para pati singit and hidden corners ng car eh maalisan ng tubig.

hope this will help

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nelady,

depende din cguro kung gano kalinaw ang deepwell water. kami gamit namin deepwell
    for years na. my bro has a white car and yung luma ko is dark blue. ala naman kami
    nappansin na kakaiba. cguro medyo ok yung deepwell namin.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I live in a Sta. Lucia developed subdivision in Cainta and we have the deepwell type of water. I bought my car more than a year ago and it didn't have any noticeable rust (like those that bubble) from the outside. Our parking spaces in our school arent cemented so I treat my car to an almost daily bath. Around March earlier this year, I noticed that rust "bubbled" on my hood, sides of doors, and top of my car. A friend told me that this was due to our water and that it was a very effective catalyst for rusting. I've spent more or less ten thousand bux on "padukot" and repainting. So i guess the moral lesson here is, DONT USE DEEPWELL WATER!!! thats all :mrgreen

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the problem here is that most of the water available in metro manila specially in the southern portion of metro manila where i live is deep well and for those who frequent car washers, we just don't know what water they use... can be from deepwells too.

i am sure there is a solution here.... siguro there are after procedures that we have to do pagkatapos mag car wash using deepwell water.

mr. theveed?

8)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mojo: unless your paint has a defect (crack, chip, etc) pouring alcohol won't harm your paint to the extent na magbububble sya... Your paint seals the metal underneath, unless there's something wrong underneath the paint, water by itself won't harm it... The odds of tap water (deep well or chlorinated) damaging paint from washing is very minute. I live in Cainta as well BTW.

If you're using hard water, you have no other choice but to make sure that the water is expelled from the paint surface ASAP. That means washing the car while it's cool to touch, washing only one section at a time (meaning wash the hood, soap, rinse then dry before washing the fenders/doors etc etc etc).

Just don't let the water air dry kahit konti, it'll be a pain to remove the waterspots. Just like the CRV that I did, yung water nila super hard, as in you hose it on the paint, 15 secs later, may stain na... I had to wash half the roof, rinse ASAP then wipe off most water before washing the other half of the roof...

Hassle talaga... try to wash your car at night rin, it'll minimize sun-dried waterspots.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ba magkakaroon ka ng thin film coating sa paint ng car kapag hard water ang ginamit mo and this thin film will eventually remove yung kintab ng paint mo? Even na i dry mo agad kapag hinugasan mo yung sasakyan mo?

Yung water sa deepwell ng Cainta ay really hard. I live there thus I know. So far wy hindi pa ako nag papahugas o gumamit ng hard water pag nililnisan ko yung sakayan thus yung kintab niya ay nandoon parin.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nelany, that's why you have to wax so any film will sit on the wax layer and not the paint... Just follow up with some QD or distilled water spray while wiping to get rid of any light contaminants.

Again, walang relation yung kintab sa tubig...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i think hindi naman sa deepwell water ang problema. i've been washing my car for years anf wala naman akong nakikitang pagbabago sa paint. for me the best thing that you can do is to clean the tires first and then the body. the reason for this for the water not to stay too long on the paint of the car. as i in matutuyo mo na siya kaagad. and thing more, kung hindi rin lang nadumihan ang auto mo ay wag mo ng basain ang buong body. punas punas na lang with a wet cloth ay okay na yun. meron din akong na discover na ang clean rain water ay magandang panglinis, parang kang nag wax pag katapos.

Anong tubig ang ginagamit ninyo?