New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    how about yung mga anti-theft alarms, immobilizers, kill switch, etc.? me modification sa electrical system, ma void kaya warranty?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Siguro kung yung modification na yun ang cause nung problem, they will not honor that aspect of the warranty.

Dun sa Picanto may aftermarket alarm and horns ako pero nung nag-claim ako ng warranty for engine stalling, inayos naman nila.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    nung 2000 may lancer ako na MX, less than a year old, modified springs and wheel package. may kumakalampag sa door ng fron passenger, they changed defective door hinge under warranty. depende sa company policy ng honda. pero yung jazz ko with after market alarm insntalled outside casa had no problem of getting warranty for a car battery that died less than a year after car was purchased.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depende din iyan sa confidence minsan. Yung ibang SA nang-iintimidate pagdating sa warranty claims. Daming mga dahilan at technical mumbo jumbo para malito ang consumer.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    All the accessories on my ride (stepboards, window visors, spoiler, parking sensors) were installed at the plant, not the dealer, after purchase. So far I have not had to claim any warranty on them. I once tried asking them if they can fix the busted lamps on my stepboards, hindi daw nila kaya since yung installer yung may alam nun.

Yesterday I had four ball joints and two suspension arms replaced at Servitek, with OEM parts on my tab. Technically I'm still eligible for warranty sa casa, kaya lang na-turn off ako dun sa sinabi nila na kailangan kumpleto PMS record ko to be able to avail of it, otherwise may investigation pa, ek-ek. The only instance that I missed a PMS (*30,000kms.), kinapos ako ng pondo, so rather than skip on the maintenance entirely, nagpa-home service na lang ako sa kilala kong mechanic from Diamond Q. Ave. Way cheaper than casa rate, yun nga lang, hindi naka-reflect sa booklet.

Heck, if they're going to use that against my warranty claim, I figured I'd just get the original parts outside and have them installed someplace else, warranty be damned. Besides, I get to see the repairs up close pag sa Servitek.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Patawa lang yung investigation na yun. Nasabihan na ko niyan. I still got my new shocks afterwards. Panindak lang nila yun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123