New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One thing you should know is the difference between linear types and progressive types of springs. Comfort and performance will not come in both at the same time.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    hmmmm.... okay..... ummmm.... so eibach or h&r for the springs... ummmm kung shocks na lang kaya iupgrade ko and leave the springs stock?
    would changing shocks give a better ride somehow? like bilsteins

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    icon yep! you can do that too!

Get the Bilsteins. medyo pricey nasa 27thou set of 4. pero sulit yun! pwede mo pa iadjust ride height and lower it just like the Eibach prokit pero using your stock springs.

yung bilsteins kase dun sa shock body yung perch ng springs 5 point adjustable. you can set the perch to the lowest setting to achieve a slightly lowered look. Ganda pa ride feel.

I had the H&R Bilstein Combo in my civic before. When I sold my H&R i got to try the bilsteins matched with stock springs ok din pala. kahit di na kailangan bumili ng lowering springs.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    learned something new today, the bilstein shocks are adjustable pala. Which model bilstein is this? pss ba yun? I'd like to google it some more.

bilstein are gas shocks right? and gas are said to be stiffer or even matagtag. bilstein are not? I often hear it associated with comfortable ride kasi.

sorry if im being a bit of a bother, don't kill me if i suddenly say id go with getting new mags na lang :p

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just the Bilstein Yellow shocks. Yung PSS coilover na yun (complete spring and shock in one na). Yung namention ko shocks lang. Even Koni shocks has this feature.

check out this pic:
    http://www.pbase.com/image/17133083

the springs ar stock but the spring perch (the silver round thing where the spring is sitting) is set at the lowest point. The shock body has 5 grooves where in you can set the spring perch to the preffered height. (the older Bilstein models has only 3 grooves)

Although one time adjustment lang unlike coilovers you can adjust it on demand. With this setup you can adjust the ride height but that would mean you have to take aprt the spring and shock assembly in a shop if you want to adjust it. Saka pala yung drop nya minimal lang. If you're not really into a slammed look the degree of lowering this method has to offer is just ok.

I have tired bilsteins with a stock ride height and the handling is better than stock. No more wallowy ride especially when you encounter road dips. Minimized nose dive too when braking.

some people say gas shocks has a firmer ride compared to stock... in my experience tolerable naman eh. I'd rather have a slightly firm ride than the wallowy boat like ride a stock shock has too offfer.

It's still comfortable and fun when negotiating curves a bit faster

Try to email Auto_xer so he can give you a quotation ...here's the email addy: Auto_xer*yahoo.com

Ok lang yun...mags or new shocks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Aftermarket (Lowering) Springs