New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i got my car painted last jan. anzhal ang ginamit na topcoat and dupont naman ang basecoat. now, when is the right time that i should have my car buffed? anzhal recomends 1 yr ata for some real buffing job...what should i do

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    visit the detailing thread. andun..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually, i've searched the detailing thread but can cant seem to find the answer that i want. since the last post about this topic is years ago, i opted to post my question here.

how do i clean my car after a new paint? since odell posted that i should use only water when cleaning the car, is it true? AFAIK(according to the detaling thread), that i should use shampoo to lift of the dirt from the paint and produce some lubrication.....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for the first week or so, just wash it down often to remove dust. there's really nothing you can do to protect it other than not use it since glazes don't really offer much protection.

after a week or so, just wash it often with a good car shampoo and water (of course).

after 2-3 months, take care of it like any other paint.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    for the first week or so, just wash it down often to remove dust. there's really nothing you can do to protect it other than not use it since glazes don't really offer much protection.

after a week or so, just wash it often with a good car shampoo and water (of course).

after 2-3 months, take care of it like any other paint.
    thanks.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    eh kung ginamitan ng oven yung auto pag pa-repaint, kasing tagal din ba?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ask the painter, they know what paint they used, their flashpoints and curing time.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    let me just ask na din...newbie here who got his car painted, peal white kaya medyo todo research ako on maintenance..hehe

so after a week of gettin the car, i should, or it's advisable to glaze it once or twice a week, tama ba? wash with water daily or as often as possible...then have it waxed after a month or so...

i don't have a garage for my car it's really a problem...i'm thinking of buying a car cover too...already bought a microtex duster since the cali brand is too expensive IMO.

would this suffice in maintaining the paint and luster of my new paint...?

TIA =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
after giving the car a new paint