New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    hi guys im planning to change the color of my white accord 2002 to a black one. It seems that there are lots of black colors.

Noon parang ang bilis lang pumili ng kulay ang dami palang klase.

There is nighthawk black, jet black, granada black, etc....the problem is what are the differences between those colors

can someone advice me the pros and cons and what should i get?

I heard that nighthawk black on hondas are not good.

Or....

what color do you guys suggest for me to change.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there are no differences between those colors except the metal flake or mica that is added to the base black pigment (of course, jet black has no flake added at all). nighthawk black has yellow/orange mica added to it, if i recall correctly, and i'm not familiar with granada.

basically there is very little difference. some people prefer the deep pure luster of jet black, while others like the blacks that change their appearance when viewed at an angle - a black with heavy yellow mica will appear yellowish when viewed from the side, blue mica will make it look bluish, and so on.

the statement "nighthawk black is not good" makes no sense. a color is simply a formula that you mix using a paint system. if somebody is having problems with a nighthawk black paint job, it is the fault of either the paint being of poor quality or the painter not knowing what he is doing.

if you have a good painter, then personal preference lang and ease of maintenance ang decision sa pagpili ng color. personally, i like blacks that have a purplish tinge....Ford and BMW both have colors that look like that (don't know the color names, sorry)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    thanks. i searched for threads regarding black cars and personally i preferred jetblack of bimmers. ang ganda.
    nighthawk blacks are very common on honda vehicles and i wouldnt want my accord to look very honda ordinary.

thanks for the comments sirs

Accord Change-color. What kind of Black?