New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Esnie.com View Post
    ordinary dishwashing liquid or shampoo will do. according to my sister who works in shampoo manufacturing, car shampoo, dishwashing liquid and mild hair shampoo have the same components
    wont dishwashing liquids strip or remove wax and damage the paint? Di ba dishwashing liquids contain degreasers?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    ordinary dishwashing liquid or shampoo will do. according to my sister who works in shampoo manufacturing, car shampoo, dishwashing liquid and mild hair shampoo have the same components
    The BIG question is, is it safe for paint?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    wont dishwashing liquids strip or remove wax and damage the paint? Di ba dishwashing liquids contain degreasers?
    Hehe. Paleho tayo ng iniisip.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They might have the basic components but the volume/percentage used per component will differ. Not to mention the other ingredients added to hair shampoo & dishwashing liquid.

By the way... would you use car shampoo or dishwashing liquid to wash your hair?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    for me, kung walang car shampoo, I just use water and a soft cloth (pranela) for the body (wag lang mangigil sa kuskos) tapos mild detergent for the wheels.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    They might have the basic components but the volume/percentage used per component will differ. Not to mention the other ingredients added to hair shampoo & dishwashing liquid.

By the way... would you use car shampoo or dishwashing liquid to wash your hair?
    Well, this is only IF you don't have any alternatives. Para kung nasa province ka man and malayo sa kabihasnan, at least alam natin kung ano magandang gamitin and safe na accessible.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dishwashing soap/liquid (like Joy) is safe for cars. it will, however, strip all the wax from your car. detailers actually use this stuff to strip the car of wax so they can clay/polish a completely clean surface.

but here's the trick - you must wax the car after you use Joy. because after the wash your paint is completely wax-free and naked to the elements. without any protectant the paint is much more susceptible to damage or weathering....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    dishwashing soap/liquid (like Joy) is safe for cars. it will, however, strip all the wax from your car. detailers actually use this stuff to strip the car of wax so they can clay/polish a completely clean surface.

but here's the trick - you must wax the car after you use Joy. because after the wash your paint is completely wax-free and naked to the elements. without any protectant the paint is much more susceptible to damage or weathering....
    really? cool. :rastaman2:

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post

Having same question this I found via google...

http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/message/indivmessage.asp?Sender=brianzaino&access=2&status =1&forum=ap610511090

I'm sure though kung biased ito sa product nila..? might help

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Joy gamit ko di naman kumukupas paint. Tsaka isang timbang tubig konting joy lang. Siguro naman di na masama. Marami nga nagsasabi na di safe to.

Ano ba gamit sa mga carwash? Super safe ba to?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
In the absence of car shampoo