New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tried this on my itlog and my arms almost fell off. Ang hirap tanggalin! Sanay kasi ako sa Turtle wax na isang punas lang tanggal na. Mahirap ba talaga tanggalin 'to or am I doing something wrong? Pero sulit ang pagod. Sakit lang ng katawan ko after hehe

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Gaano kakapal ang inilagay mo?

Sa shade ka ba nag-apply?

Did you do it per panel or did you apply to the whole car then wipe it off?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gaano kakapal ang inilagay mo?
    - thin layer na halos may haze lang konti.

Sa shade ka ba nag-apply?
    - sa garahe after washing the car. Di ko na sinama ang rear quarter panels and trunk dahil in direct sunlight na sila.

Did you do it per panel or did you apply to the whole car then wipe it off?
    - per panel.

May factor din ba ang basahan na ginamit?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    May factor din ba ang basahan na ginamit?
    YES. very finicky ang IHG. lalo na on paint that's not been previously cleaned. go for thin layers and try swiping with your finger to test for product removal.

BTW, bodyshop safe yan. and I like it's filler properties.. very much like Mom's SG

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Hmmm... dapat tuyo yung basahan... (ok so hindi basahan, rag na lang. )

Ako kasi saglit lang gamit ko old cotton t-shirt on problem areas only. Pero if you did the whole car masakit nga sa braso. Best is to have the motorized polisher...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kaya pala. Sige will try getting some decent rags. Parang libreng upper body workout sa gym hehe. I like the finish kasi. Di pa ako pwede mag-wax because I just got a panel repainted a few weeks ago. Tnx!

Quote Originally Posted by SeminaristaKuno
    Kaya pala. Sige will try getting some decent rags. Parang libreng upper body workout sa gym hehe. I like the finish kasi. Di pa ako pwede mag-wax because I just got a panel repainted a few weeks ago. Tnx
    Sir, I suggest you invest in Microtex Microfiber towels, if you use a rag you might induce more swirls which really defeats the purpose of your hard work. You won't regret it. Don't use pranella or cotton towels.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I intend to get some of those. Thanks for the advice!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Sir, I suggest you invest in Microtex Microfiber towels, if you use a rag you might induce more swirls which really defeats the purpose of your hard work. You won't regret it. Don't use pranella or cotton towels.
    definitely. wag rags. more marrings will be induced kasi.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Technically you should never apply a glaze if you're going to apply a sealant. You'll defeat the purpose of the sealant's durability since it won't be bonding on a durable layer underneath (whether it's paint or a pre-sealant cleaner like AIO). When the glaze wears off (a week or less), the sealant will wear off faster than it should as well... But no harm doing it if you're after looks. I do that all the time before...
    how about cleaner wax topped with sealant?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
3M Hand Glaze?