New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was thinking of using this product. Is it a polish?

My pick-up has never been waxed, and never been properly washed (driver cleans it with pranella and all that). The paint still looks good, but of course there are lots of swirls, acid/etch marks, etc.

The paint condition basically looks like the green CRV that theveed posted here (the BEFORE condition, of course).

I was thinking of polishing it, and going this route:

Wash
    3M Finish Restorer
    Wash
    3M Imperial Hand Glaze
    Wax (Someone gave me leftoever 3M Wax -- the one in the nice looking black container... still has 3/4 product inside it)

Am wondering how the 3M Wax is, coz my friend just gave it away. He said he was satisfied with it, but he's not really a car guy (he just bought the product before because his car was new; honeymoon period over, I guess).

--Alf

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    our cars are like that too -- pranella-washed-and-dried for years and are filled with fine scratches -- but 3M Finish restorer and even 3M scratch remover won't remove all of them. mga 50% lang siguro. parang ang dami pang residue ng 3M products...?

according to theveed, 3M finish restorer is more of a cleaner wax than a polish

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    After reading around here and in PAD a bit, I think this is what I'll do:

Wash
    Finish Restorer
    Wash
    Eagle One Wet Polish or Meguiar Deep Crystal Polish
    3M Hand Glaze (or is this step redundant na?)
    3M Show Car Paste Wax

Comments? Suggestions?

--Alf

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm no expert (actually, i think i'm pretty clumsy with detailing :lol, but parang not worth the price yung Meg DC polish and wax. the effect of DC polish isn't much imo (it could be my amateurish technique though) and even 5 coats of DC wax doesn't last too long

diba mabilis mag-wear off yung show car wax?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, libre kasi yung 3M Hand Glaze and 3M Show Car Paste Wax dahil parang hand me down lang siya by a friend, so it's what I already have.

I'm thinking pa nga whether to get the Eagle One Wet Polish OR the Meguiar's Deep Crystal Polish. Hmmm... from what you say, siguro I'll get the Eagle One na lang.

Besides, upon thinking about it, anything is better than nothing, which is what my Strada used to get. So, whether EO is better/worse than Meguiar's DC Polish is not really important now. The way I see it, the EO seems more available than Meguiar's.

The one thing na lang I need to know is if the Hand Glaze is a redundant step na after I use EO Wet Polish, or if I should just wax immediately after the polish.

Anyway, thanks for your input, MBT!

--Alf

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfalfameister
    After reading around here and in PAD a bit, I think this is what I'll do:

Wash
    Finish Restorer
    Wash
    Eagle One Wet Polish or Meguiar Deep Crystal Polish
    3M Hand Glaze (or is this step redundant na?)
    3M Show Car Paste Wax

Comments? Suggestions?

--Alf
    These steps are fine, most probably (if I had the time), I'll do the same thing... I always like to glaze before waxing, makes the gloss really "wet"...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    mga sir, just bought 3m f/r. what's a good follow-up? may mother's cleaner wax ako, ok lang ba or redundant na? dami swirlmarks eh.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    redundant. get a standalone wax (no cleaners)

but i'd use the mom's more often since it's milder.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    sir dave, thanks for the tip and the good review.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
3M Finish Restorer