New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    When I said people mover, I meant one like the tricycle that has its own niche. A tricycle is a cheap and convenient but extremely unsafe and polluting vehicle that can move a few people around short distances quickly. They're best used servicing a small area, like subdivisions (although I hate seeing them on the main roads!) I just think that there's gotta be a better way! These tricycles are a pain in the a$$ for us drivers.

A light, small engined 4 wheeler perhaps? A mini version of the Tableta? Hmm...

I didn't mean a big people mover like a jeepney...that's the phuv's arena...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ahhh ....OK. i didnt know that you mentioned the size of the people serviced by that description.

anyway, what category should that belong? mini-town-public utility vehicle.

have you seen the BMW Isetta? that can fit the category you described.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ogpro View Post
    When I said people mover, I meant one like the tricycle that has its own niche. A tricycle is a cheap and convenient but extremely unsafe and polluting vehicle that can move a few people around short distances quickly. They're best used servicing a small area, like subdivisions (although I hate seeing them on the main roads!) I just think that there's gotta be a better way! These tricycles are a pain in the a$$ for us drivers.
    A light, small engined 4 wheeler perhaps? A mini version of the Tableta? Hmm...
    That niche is taken by the multicab, which is fast eating up both the PUJ and tricycle market share.
    Many PUJ fabricators have shifted to the multicab reconditioning business.

These little reconditioned surplus Zuki 4WDs are no wider than your tricycle, but a whole lot stabler - even than a tuktuk.
    Two years back, you could get a basic one for PhP 130K. Just right for suburban residential districts and urban capillaries.
    You can pack ten people right in there.

I'm still not decided on whether or not to consider this an OPV, since except for the decor,
    you'll be hard put to add anything notably original to the donor vehicle.

It isn't likely that a scaled down Tableta body can oust the surplus cab that comes with the chassis.
    A mini-Tableta could go on an Owner Type Jeep platform in order to be competitive.
    Last edited by dprox; June 26th, 2007 at 01:24 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    this multicabs are a good platform for creating a new phuv since it carries up to 10 people, and it has a good engine considering the 12-valve 5-speed models. it is also available in 4weel drive and two wheel drive the 660cc engine is fuel efficient as i happen to own one with 13 inch tires and lifted up body for our farm, somehow ive tested it playing offroading on terrains unpassable by 2wd vehicles..i think it only needs a little recreating or designing another body to make it look presentable and far more diffrent from its original.
    Last edited by dprox; June 27th, 2007 at 05:38 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi guys! Im also an avid car fan and also dabble in design sketches. Although Im nowhere near your design skills. Anyways, since napag-usapan yung pwedeng ipangalan sa Pinoy vehicle, why not "Tarsier"? Especially kung subcompact o minivan yung design.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    baka pwede ito.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I think what ogpro meant was a small vehicle (around 4 - 5 seater) that can be used as a short distance taxi to replace the tricycle.

The Piaggio Ape (below) can be a basis for such a vehicle. Engine options for the Ape include 2-stroke single cylinder petrol or 4-stroke diesel. The engine is at the rear. http://www.piaggio-ape.co.uk/

Or a 4-wheeled micro vehicle can be designed using the engine and drivetrain of the Ape.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    very interesting indeed. pwedeng i-convert sa cab configuration para mini jeepney/taxi/tricycle. pwede
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    May nakita akong maliit na kotse na binebenta ng NOrkis kasabay ng norkis' legacy first. Maganda rin. parang yung Suzuki Minica nung araw.

Di kaya puedeng kunin rights ng Toyota Starlet?in love pa rin ako sa itsura ta makina nya.matipid at cute

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hi guys,

pwedeng makigulo?....

WIll this Lean Narrow Vehicle concept fit in this category? it has Four wheels and 2 seats.

I call it the 24droad concept... car??? bike? crossover...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Wanna design a tsikot?